Custom Frame Raffle

Dave Rivbike

Dec 4, 2012, 4:06:42 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I just posted on the blug but thought to repost here.

We're raffling off a custom frame to one lucky customer who places a $300+ order during December.

Info here:
http://rivbike.tumblr.com/post/37206352818/rivendell-raffle

Happy Holidays

-Dave@riv

Allingham II, Thomas J

Dec 4, 2012, 4:09:32 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

WOO-HOO!  Let the ordering begin!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ****************************************************

To ensure compliance with Treasury Department regulations, we advise you that, unless otherwise expressly indicated, any federal tax advice contained in this message was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any tax-related matters addressed herein.

This email (and any attachments thereto) is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email (and any attachments thereto) is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify me at (212) 735-3000 and permanently delete the original email (and any copy of any email) and any printout thereof.

Further information about the firm, a list of the Partners and their professional qualifications will be provided upon request.

David Verrinder

Dec 4, 2012, 4:42:02 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if they did a search of people with $300 or more of stuff in the wishlist or carts...
Cheers,
David

David Verrinder
406-646-6813
dverr...@gmail.com

Will

Dec 4, 2012, 4:43:18 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+1! Seriously. That is a smart and fun promo that I want to be a part of! And I like how the winner gets to know who he or she is so fast. That's so Rivendellian!

William

Dec 4, 2012, 6:04:15 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I've got a $301 cart sitting here.  Maybe I'll tell my wife that these are my Christmas presents!

Joe Bernard

Dec 4, 2012, 6:08:58 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Wow..that's an impressive promotion.

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

René Sterental

Dec 4, 2012, 6:14:54 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Do multiple orders count? I just placed a $200+ order yesterday...

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Joe Bernard

William

Dec 4, 2012, 8:05:59 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I bought my cart!
It was the Phil handcleaner that put me over.  I was down to just one or two handcleanings left.  Maybe I'll give the new tub to my Mom and let her put it in my stocking.  :)

Jeremy Till

Dec 4, 2012, 10:10:35 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Definitely was reason enough for me and my wife to put in an order!  Big rear rack for her upcoming tourer, and a small Trunk Sack for me.

Michael

Dec 4, 2012, 10:46:32 PM12/4/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Wonder what the chances of winning are?

charlie

Dec 5, 2012, 1:07:16 AM12/5/12

On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:46:32 PM UTC-8, Michael wrote:
Wonder what the chances of winning are?

 Probably pretty good odds actually......I want decent wheels, especially a front Son 28 so my order should add up easily.

Michael

Dec 5, 2012, 1:44:23 AM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Maybe now's da time for dat extry 650b wheelset I have been wanting to git.

Let me tell you something...if you ride 650b, you need an extry wheelset, or at minimum - rims...no doubt about it. Unless you live within a decent radius of a 650b shop. Here in Ellicott City, MD, 'tain't convenient to git some 650b parts/wheels.

Michael

Dec 5, 2012, 1:58:45 AM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Let's see.........maybe a custom dark green/olive plaid pattern paint job with cream heatube and windows and epaulets......cream lug tracing, of course.

Anything less than lug tracing on a plaid custom would be...well....uncivilised.

Eyelets and braze-ons all around...safety tailight braze-ons on the bottom of the chainstays....pump pin...vertical dropouts...nary a lip...lotsa rake...

RJM

Dec 5, 2012, 8:24:12 AM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I would do a mountain mixte, 650 b able to handle Pancetti's Neo-Moto 2.3, cream headtube maybe that pea sage green or even the soma san marcos blue, heck, mabye even a sam hillborne orange. Alba bars, nice lugged stem, brooks select saddle, those new thinline pedals.

Man, I need to make an order and get in on this drawing.

cyclotourist

Dec 5, 2012, 9:38:52 AM12/5/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
That would be an awesome bike!

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." -Mark Twain

Peter Pesce

Dec 5, 2012, 11:52:45 AM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Boy, it's pretty easy to come up with $300 in my shopping cart, even though there's not a single thing I "need"!

If I won, I'd probably basically end up with a Roadeo fattened-up to hold me. With fancy paint, of course... My country and utility bike needs are pretty much covered already at this point.

-Pete in CT

William

Dec 5, 2012, 1:06:51 PM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'd almost certainly end up with a slightly tweaked approximation of a canti-luki, or maybe a canti-roadeo.

Philip Williamson

Dec 5, 2012, 2:57:47 PM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'd do a version of that Mountain Fixie that was such a troublesome truck. Basically a fixed gear fool-around-in-the-woods bike. Able to take 60mm Big Apples and fenders, like a super-attractive version of my industrial-ugly Gravel Roadster. Flared drops. Threadless stem. Berthoud saddle, maybe? I like your mixte idea for standover/bailoff clearance.

Maybe an Abele gray, black, or pea-sage green; something low-key for the woods. "Pencil" blue, maybe.

Philip

Marc Irwin

Dec 5, 2012, 4:36:43 PM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Gee! Not much time to think. I wonder if there's $300 of stuff I might like? ROTFL!?!!!

Marc

Crazy4Suki

Dec 5, 2012, 8:26:08 PM12/5/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Does buying a $300 gift certificate count?

BSWP

Dec 6, 2012, 12:15:37 AM12/6/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That would be a Mountain Fixte!

I'm looking at what I can justify, seeing if it will come to $300

- Andrew, Berkeley

Matt Beebe

Dec 6, 2012, 4:16:08 AM12/6/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
This is such a great idea!     I hope it generates tons of sales so riv can keep bringing out the coolest ideas on wheels (and bags), and needless to say, whoever wins this is winning BIG time.

The "mountain mixte" and "mountain fixed gear" ideas sound cool.

William

Dec 6, 2012, 3:05:05 PM12/6/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Even a person who doesn't need anything at the moment should buy themself a $300 gift certificate.  Buy the $300 Gift Certificate, hand it to your wife and tell her "This is what I want for Christmas".  It's perfect!

Joe Bernard

Dec 6, 2012, 4:43:40 PM12/6/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hmm..that's an interesting idea. If you win the frame, you spend the certificate on parts for it!

Joe Bernard

William

Dec 6, 2012, 5:41:35 PM12/6/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I already got my box of goodies!

BSWP

Dec 7, 2012, 1:46:15 PM12/7/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That would also solve the problem where things one might wish to buy now, toward the raffle, are on backorder. Does anyone from RBW wish to clarify if a $300 gift certificate is acccepted as a raffle entry?

- Andrew, Berkeley

Peter Pesce

Dec 7, 2012, 1:59:22 PM12/7/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+1 on Andrew's query. Does a gift cert count?
Also, do you get the 5% rebate on gift certificates you purchase? (I'm pretty sure there's no rebate on GC's when you redeem them, but correct me if I'm wrong)

-Pete in CT

William

Dec 7, 2012, 3:30:11 PM12/7/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
There's a miraculous new device, that enables real time verbal communication.  It's called the telephone.  :)

I called Riv for you guys, talked to Brian, and he confirmed that ANY December invoice that totals more than $300 gets your name in the hat.  Buy a $300 gift certificate today (or 6 $50 gift certificates or whatever) and you'll be in!

BSWP

Dec 7, 2012, 3:58:03 PM12/7/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'll make sure the Mountain Fixte frame has a custom phone-holder braze-on. But been thinking, and I'm pretty sure any "my next bike" will have an IGH... now to see if there's yet an IGH that also features a robust lockout mechanism, to convert to fixed-gear on the fly.

Thanks for confirming what us too-lazy folk were speculating on.

- Andrew, Berkeley