Front derailleur choice: help me out here.

PATRICK MOORE

Dec 31, 2012, 2:28:05 PM12/31/12
to ~"rbw-owners-bunch"
A fellow listmember has very generously offered me most of the parts I need to build the very generously priced Ram frameset I recently received (and yet another lister is sending me -- whoohoo! -- a pair of Dura Ace tub wheels!).

Anyway, I have a choice of a ** rod operated* fd or a cable operated one. I really want the rod one just for cool and weirdness, but I hate, hate HATE a bare leftside shifter boss.

What do y'all think (besides "Oh, shut up")?

BTW: A near-as-I-care-to-look-for-at-this-point color match for Ram Blue can be found in the "Sinful Colors" nail polish selection at your local Walgreens for ! $2.50. A wee bit lighter, but close enough for me.

Thanks to the generous listers who have offered me parts.

--

-------------------------
Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM, USA

Dan McNamara

Dec 31, 2012, 2:46:46 PM12/31/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Mount a bell on the unused boss. Or get a Problem Solvers shifter boss cover.

Dan

Marin

Kelly

Dec 31, 2012, 2:50:47 PM12/31/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
make a small hook to work as a hat hanger ..   Thanks for the nail polish tip.. I dropped a wrench and put my first nick in mine.

Kelly

cyclotourist

Dec 31, 2012, 2:52:58 PM12/31/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
+1 on the bell.Very good spot for one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/5874896812/
--
Cheers,
David

**
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." -Mark Twain

James Warren

Dec 31, 2012, 3:12:54 PM12/31/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, RBW Owners Bunch
Well, there you go. Now there is no reason not offer front dérailleur capability on The Mystery Bike. If one wants to equip it as Grant intended, with no front dérailleur, the unused shifter boss on the downtube could be covered with a bell. Perfect for that bike.

Sent from my iPhone

Ron Mc

Dec 31, 2012, 3:46:21 PM12/31/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
cyclot, that looks great

justin...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2012, 3:47:36 PM12/31/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If you don't take the rod actuated one, I will!

-J