After Xmas Ride. 12/26 East Bay Mixed.

Manuel Acosta

Dec 23, 2012, 10:12:56 PM12/23/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
After Xmas Ride. 12/26  Mixed Terrain Ride in the East Bay meet at Downtown Berkeley Bart 930ish. Let me know if you want to pull through. Best of the east bay dirt.
Kinda proposed route. The section from Palomares to Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park is awesome. On a clear day get view of the south side of Mt.Diablo with a mixture of stream crossing.
Route opened to suggestions.
See ya'll there.
-Manny

ted

Dec 23, 2012, 11:42:53 PM12/23/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sounds fun. I didn't realize there was a route up to the ridge from
Palomares.

On Dec 23, 7:12 pm, Manuel Acosta <manueljohnaco...@hotmail.com>

Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery

Dec 23, 2012, 11:43:44 PM12/23/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to be there.

Noah Deuce

Dec 25, 2012, 10:42:55 AM12/25/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to do an after-Xmas ride here in Boulder, but the several inches of snow make that impractical.

The time has come to lobby Grant for a lugged fatbike! The Misty Mountain, perhaps? *grin*

Noah
Boulder, CO

C.J. Filip

Dec 25, 2012, 12:23:36 PM12/25/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Already looking forward to the pics-proved-it-happened!

Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery

Dec 25, 2012, 12:56:50 PM12/25/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Noah, when I'm not traveling, I lead a Christmas Day and NYD ride in Minneapolis. Of course, the regular attendees tend to own studded tires.

Noah Deuce

Dec 26, 2012, 10:27:01 AM12/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Jim,

Looks like I'll have to add some studs to my tire collection. The thing about Boulder is the snow/ice usually melts within a day or two, so that makes for a lot of wrestling tires on and off.

Glad to see you're enjoying Marin!

Noah

Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery

Dec 26, 2012, 11:26:07 AM12/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I guess I wouldn't bother with studs for recreational riding if I lived in Boulder. If, on the other hand, I was riding for transportation, and couldn't pick and choose weather conditions, then the studs make more sense.

Manuel Acosta

Dec 27, 2012, 2:06:28 AM12/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If you were wondering if this happened:

It did. Ended up getting to the wrong place after missing the Bart train. Started at North Berkeley patching up a flat. Good amount of climbing.  Mud wasn't sticking and the sun came out. Greg, Gordon and I ended at Sibley staging area and met up with Ted who was planning on going to the ride but because of the morning circumstances ended up riding ahead. We caught up very surprisingly so our three turned to four. Good stuff. Stuck to the route mentioned. Only got to do this in sections glad to do it right from North to south. Good group, nice day what more do you ask for?

Michael

Dec 28, 2012, 10:16:29 PM12/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the pics and the update. Sounds like alot of fun you all have been having on these rides.

I wish I could go on these rides with you all, but I live on the East Coast.

Too bad. I have a brother-in-law who lives in the SF area. Maybe next time I am out that way I'll hit y'all up and see if we can work something out.
How far is RBW from Frisco, BTW. I wanna work that into my itinerary, too.