Does this Betty Foy Look Different to you?

閲覧: 184 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Rocky B

未読、
2012/07/10 1:14:432012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at the frame lines of this Betty Foy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10344790@N06/7514719444/in/pool-rivendell

Is it me or does it looks like the top tube and the mid-seat stays "line up"?

...because I've always wished they were built like that.

Rocky

Peter Pesce

未読、
2012/07/10 10:10:532012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. I think you're right. I always disliked the "bent" line also.

-Pete in CT

newenglandbike

未読、
2012/07/10 10:13:552012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Nice lookin' bike.    The straight line definitely looks good.

RJM

未読、
2012/07/10 10:17:412012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I did too, much prefer a straight line.. Would this be a new future style of betty and yves or just a one off?

Peter Morgano

未読、
2012/07/10 10:19:342012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, but is it a function of size? the ones on the net with a bent tube look smaller.

Peter Pesce

未読、
2012/07/10 10:34:202012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Interesting theory.
Assuming the "rule" is that the diagonal bisects the rear triangle, maybe larger frames move the midpoint of the seat tube up to the point where it aligns the top tube. The bike has 650B wheels, so the biggest it could be is a 58.
If only there was some way we could ask the designer of the frame? :)

-Pete in CT

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:14:43 AM UTC-4, Rocky B wrote:
Take a look at the frame lines of this Betty Foy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10344790@N06/7514719444/in/pool-rivendell

Is it me or does it looks like the top tube and the mid-seat stays "line up"?

...because I've always wished they were built like that.

Rocky

Leslie

未読、
2012/07/10 10:52:442012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I am leaning towards the, function of the size....   a smaller one, there ends up being an angle change, but this one is big enough that the line can continue through....

Does look better...

Jeremy Till

未読、
2012/07/10 11:39:072012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I also think it's a function of size, probably related to the challenges of attaching 3 sets of stays to the rear dropout; on the smaller frames they have to have the kink so the mid-stays stay below the seat stays.  On the larger frames, maybe, the greater angle between chain and seat stays allow the mid-stays to come in at a higher angle, lined up with the seat tube.

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:19:34 AM UTC-7, Peter M wrote:
Agreed, but is it a function of size? the ones on the net with a bent tube look smaller.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM, RJM <crccp...@gmail.com> wrote:
I did too, much prefer a straight line.. Would this be a new future style of betty and yves or just a one off?

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:10:53 AM UTC-5, Peter Pesce wrote:
Hmm. I think you're right. I always disliked the "bent" line also.

-Pete in CT

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:14:43 AM UTC-4, Rocky B wrote:
Take a look at the frame lines of this Betty Foy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10344790@N06/7514719444/in/pool-rivendell

Is it me or does it looks like the top tube and the mid-seat stays "line up"?

...because I've always wished they were built like that.

Rocky

Rocky B

未読、
2012/07/10 12:08:012012/07/10
To: rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I've seen pictures of a 62cm Bettys and Yves Gomezs on the 'net and they all had the "kink" look to them.  I hope this isn't a one-off and its the new style.
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送
新着メール 0 件