Re: [RBW] 1 Rivendell Reader for a mere $60 + $8 shipping...

James Warren

Nov 27, 2012, 9:12:06 PM11/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

It even has a "few light stains" on the cover!

Nov 28, 2012, 10:46:09 AM11/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, James Warren
Obviously, this is the beausage much beloved by RIvendellian types... I'm sure Grant would approve.

Jim

Ryan Ray

Nov 28, 2012, 11:28:00 AM11/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The copywriting is hillarious.

"culminated in the revolutionary X0-1 high performance commuter bicycle"

"older Rivendell Reader issues seem like an early "blog" "

Joe Bernard

Nov 28, 2012, 12:53:50 PM11/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Apparently I have $1500 worth of Readers at home. Add the giant stack of catalogues, and I'm in the running for the 48 Hunga frame. Buy my stuff!

Joe "Today Only!" Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Joe Bernard

Nov 29, 2012, 11:14:44 AM11/29/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
There's a bunch of these stupid listings up now.

Joe Bernard

Jim Thill - Hiawatha Cyclery

Nov 29, 2012, 1:40:18 PM11/29/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I think ebay has a free listing promo going on now. It's as good a time as any to skewer Riv-fetishism. Maybe they'll even sell a few.

William

Nov 29, 2012, 2:24:57 PM11/29/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My wife knows I buy Devold wool undies from Rivendell for $40 a pair.  It's not totally illogical that she or another loved one of mine would come up with the syllogism:

Bill seems to buy everything Rivendell sells
Bill seems to prefer his Rivendell stuff (like $40 undies) even when there are cheaper options (like $4 undies)
Rivendell stuff seems overpriced to me
Here's a Rivendell item on ebay that Bill can't get from Rivendell
This Rivendell item on ebay seems overpriced
Therefore, I'll buy this overpriced Rivendell item on ebay and Bill will love it!

Thank goodness my wife is much smarter than that.