C&O Allegheny - Trip Starting Sept 29th heading DC to Pittsburgh

Kelly

Sep 26, 2012, 12:07:55 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Amit, and I along with several others are making a trip along the C&O and then the Allegheny Starting in DC on the afternoon of the 29th and heading back to our car in Boston Pa.

Anyway if you live close to the trail we would love to meet you face to face, have lunch or something.

We can be reached... 314-799-4743 or email tksl...@gmail.com

Hope all have a good week

Kelly

Amit Singh

Sep 26, 2012, 12:21:18 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
WOOOOOO!  So excited !!!  :)

justin...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2012, 12:23:54 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
How close do you pass to Philly?

-Justin.

In Philly.

Eric Chatham

Sep 26, 2012, 2:35:58 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Good luck, guys!  I did it in 2007, on a Bike Friday New World Tourist.  Flew into Pittsburgh and out of DC, one of the cool things about having a bike that fits in a suitcase.  Weather is everything, especially on the C&O.  One of the best cycling trips I have ever done!

Quickbeam green with envy,

Eric

Kelly

Lyle Bogart

Sep 26, 2012, 3:05:37 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that sounds nice! Have a great ride--take pics :)

cheers!

lyle

Kelly

lyle f bogart dpt

156 bradford rd
wiscasset, me 04578

Steve Wimberg

Sep 26, 2012, 3:52:16 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My wife and I are doing the C&O path in October - she on her Saluki and me on my Ram. I'd like to try and fit some 32mm wide tires on my Ram, but I'm not sure if they will fit with the Longboards - I'll have to see.

What size tires are you guys using?

Steve

islaysteve

Sep 26, 2012, 5:56:54 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a wonderful trip, one that I hope I can take one day.  I'm looking forward to the ride report and info on C&O trail condition, tire sizes, etc.  Have a great ride, Steve

Kelly

Sep 26, 2012, 6:16:09 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

Me Bombadil = 700x50 Big Apples
Wife Atlantis  = 700x40 Supremes
Susan Holdsworth = 700x33.333
Dave Cannondale = 700x28
Tom Bruce Gordon = 700x28
Audry Long Haul Trucker = 700x37

Don't know about the folks out of Detroit going with us.

Kelly

Kelly

Sep 26, 2012, 6:17:38 PM9/26/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Justin,

We drive to Boston Pa Friday then get shuttled to DC Saturday morning .. get dumped off and ride back to the cars.  We don't get close to Philly.  Least ways not that I know of.

Kelly

tdusky

Sep 27, 2012, 7:57:05 AM9/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
HI Kelly looking forward the trip and meeting you all.
I am running Schwalbe Marathon 700 x 48 (42 actually) on my Atlantis
see you tomorrow.
Tom Dusky
Huntington Woods MI

Manuel Acosta

Sep 27, 2012, 9:41:58 PM9/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If you get lost and end up in the Bay Area you guys have a place to stay at mi casa.
-Manny

RJM

Sep 28, 2012, 7:43:02 AM9/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My buddy Doug is riding the C&O at the same time, heading from Pittsburg to DC. You will probably pass him at some point. I will forward him your contact info, but if you see a guy on a blue Hilsen trudging along with some panniers attached, say howdy-do.

ascpgh

Sep 28, 2012, 7:52:38 AM9/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I ride that pair of trails (they are two distinct surfaces, C&O so much more weather dependent) on my Rambouillet with 28s under SKS fenders. The extra clearance from the fenders the 28s leave let's you cope thought the unavoidable "pot" or low place in the trail surface that collects and holds water forming some fender-filling muck. If you have rain, remember that the 17 miles before Hancock, MD have a paved alternate route on the W. MD railroad trail.

I'm on Carova, Beach, NC right now but would love to cross paths near your terminus, when do you anticipate reaching Boston?

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh