Slightly Epic.

PATRICK MOORE

Apr 10, 2012, 3:32:48 PM4/10/12
to rbw-owners-bunch
Modestly great, a minor success: I rode 40 miles today, the longest in
one day since I did the Museum of Nat Hist organized 50 miler in
September, 2004. Errands: first Mom to home to pick up Catie's coat;
second to RS Watsons house to sell him something for a change; third
to ex's office to drop off coat; fourth to Sunflower Market for
groceries. The '03 with 72" gear. Beautiful day, 70F, somewhat humid
at 26%, slight SSW wind, gently rolling -- from W Mesa down to river
valley and up again toward the mountains, and back. Total time
including stops 3:14:57 for an average, clock stopped of 12.29 mph
(this includes shooting breeze with Ryan, shopping).

The bike fit and felt perfectly; I felt energetic; the sky was clear,
the women beautiful, the wine superbe and life was good.

I should have brought a snack but did well enough with a bottle of
weak tea with lots of honey. Replenished vital energies at Sunflower
with a large handful of chocolate covered, cinnamon flavored,
marshmallow bears.

Of such very minor achievements are our lives made.

--

-------------------------
Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.

Ranier Maria Rilke, Buddha in Glory

Bill Gibson

Apr 10, 2012, 3:41:41 PM4/10/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Not bad for the middle of the week!

Bill Gibson
Tempe, Arizona, USA

PATRICK MOORE

Apr 10, 2012, 3:42:48 PM4/10/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Alas, work is slow.

EricP

Apr 10, 2012, 8:41:02 PM4/10/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Very nice and epic.  I've done 40 miles single speed, but never fixed.  And your gear is considerably higher than mine.

Too bad for the slow business, but at least the weather is nice.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN (where it was barely into the 40's today with a somewhat brisk NW wind.  Enough so wished I had a jacket over the Rivendell wool jersey on my ride after work.)

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:42:48 PM UTC-5, Patrick Moore wrote:
Alas, work is slow.