PM to me please: Santa Monica bike shop rec.

grant

Jul 10, 2012, 9:11:16 PM7/10/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
For a customer. He'll get a bike and wants the shop to do final bit of reassembly. I'd like to be able to send him to a shop that can deal with, for example, a new Hunqapillar with Bosco bars and a threaded headset and not treat it like a fresh dinosaur.
It's possible I'll get zero to fifteen responses. Thank you all in advance, and it's soooo busy/understaffed here I won't be able to muster more than a quick thanks, but I will mean it.
Hmm?

PATRICK MOORE

Jul 10, 2012, 10:42:02 PM7/10/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My brother says Bicycle Workshop, 1638 Ocean Park Blvd, Santa Monica
-- across from Santa Monica College, says my brother Peter who is
intimately familiar with Santa Monica and its bike shops.
> --

"Push back against the age as hard as it pushes against you."

Flannery O'Connor

-------------------------
Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM, USA
For professional resumes, contact Patrick Moore, ACRW
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html
-------------------------

wrharper

Jul 11, 2012, 12:12:38 PM7/11/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+1 for Victor at Bicycle Workshop, right by Bob's Market

Brad Gantt

Jul 11, 2012, 3:33:25 PM7/11/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Grant, not sure how to PM. While not in SM, Topanga Creek Cycles is the most Riv-friendly (and overall great) shop within striking distance. They'd do a great job.

Brad

Tony Lockhart

Jul 11, 2012, 7:02:42 PM7/11/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+1 on Topanga Creek Cycles. They're super down to earth and they have a good shop.

grant

Jul 12, 2012, 2:18:10 AM7/12/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Tried Topanga...they're booked for a month-plus.

I'm looking for a shop that has time for a 20-30 minute job. Just installing pedals, seat and post, re-inserting stem/bars, hooking up front brakes (which have already been adjusted), and will do it all for...$40 or so.
I'll find one--thanks all for your help!

Joe Bernard

Jul 12, 2012, 2:34:19 AM7/12/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
There's gotta be at least a dozen Riv-types in Santa Monica who would be better qualified to handle that last bit of assembly on this style of bicycle than most shops in the area. Maybe someone could step up and have it shipped to him/her/them?

Joe Bernard