What's up with the Homer blue?

lungimsam

Oct 17, 2012, 7:13:36 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Seems like alot of pics have different shades of blue for the Homers. Have they changed periodically? Some look Robin's egg blue. Some darker.

lungimsam

Oct 17, 2012, 7:15:13 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Joe Bernard

Oct 17, 2012, 7:19:42 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
You're seeing two diffrerent colors. The current model has a light blue, similar to what was almost the standard color on the original Riv Road back in the day. Older Homers were a darker blue. Grant has stated that the shade may change from time to time, but AHH will always come stock with blue.

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Rex Kerr

Oct 17, 2012, 7:32:04 PM10/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
When I bought mine there were two colors of blue in stock. They explained to me that the darker blue came from the Japanese builder and the lighter blue came from Waterford.  Not being a fan of the lighter blue I went with a custom color, though I would have stayed with the stock color had it been the darker blue.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM, lungimsam <john1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Seems like alot of pics have different shades of blue for the Homers. Have they changed periodically? Some look Robin's egg blue. Some darker.

Michael Richters

Oct 18, 2012, 2:45:07 AM10/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I recently held two AHH frames side by side. They had serial numbers
that differed by 2, and I believe both came from Toyo. They were very
similar in color, but not identical. One was ever-so-slightly darker
than the other, but I doubt I'd have been able to tell them apart at a
distance.