Re: [RBW] Rivendell Eve

Brian Hanson

Nov 28, 2012, 1:59:51 AM11/28/12
to rbw-owners-bunch
Congrats, Dan!  I have a 54 Hunqa and love it.  I also rode a couple of the demo Hunqas at Rivendell, and they were awesome!

Brian
Seattle, WA

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 5:37 AM, Dan Scott <dsco...@gmail.com> wrote:
My new Hunqapilllar and first Rivendell is sitting at the UPS depot in Philadelphia and will be out for delivery tomorrow. Planning on taking tomorrow afternoon off to "assemble" and go for first ride. It has been agonizing knowing bike has been in Philly area for past 2 days and not being able to get it, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I ordered a AHH in August and 2 weeks ago when Keven and the guys started the build they released wrong frame was sent to them, which turned out to be a good thing, because I was having second thoughts on getting AHH over the Hunqapillar. Keven ended up getting me a "deal"  on the demo (modified to meet my desires), so I didn't have to wait another 8 weeks and I end up with what I really want. One more day until I'm officially a Rivendell owner. Lets hope UPS comes through!

Robert Harrison

Nov 28, 2012, 2:18:07 AM11/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Super! My Hunqa 62 arrived at the beginning of October and I haven't been able to stay off it. My other bikes are jealous.

You are going to love the Hunqa. It's a great ride. I thinking of a different bike myself and when I was last in Walnut Creek (back in May) I rode a demo Hunqa and the rest is history.

Make sure you take pictures of your first ride (or do what some of us do and take pictures of the whole darn process - I managed to get the UPS guy carrying the box and it went on from there).

Aloha!

Bob

--
Robert Harrison
Honolulu, HI

Mike

Nov 28, 2012, 10:15:35 AM11/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Dan, congrats on the new bike. Be sure to post pictures after you have ridden it. Ride first, pictures second. What bars did you go with, Noodles or Albas?

--mike

Brian Campbell

Nov 28, 2012, 11:15:04 AM11/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

Congrats! I am in Berwyn (outside philly) Let me know if you want to meet up for a ride sometime.

Brian

Robert Barr

Nov 28, 2012, 11:30:09 AM11/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Dan, I have a just built Hunqa 58 (the last of the gray and bean) that is still on the stand in my sun room. I have ridden it twice, once during the build process and last night after I finished mounting a Silver Shifter on the downtube (with much help from Mark - I pulled the back off the Silver Shifter and had to rebuild the ratchet mechanism). I envy Hawaii Bob's pictures - I took one!  Like the others I considered other Riv models. In retrospect I think I was was very gently guided towards a Hunqa by wise folks in Walnut Creek that know a bit about where I ride and how I would use the bike. And how could a geologist not have a bike with a woolly mammoth and trilobites on the head badge? The same folks had helped me build up an MB3 into a near perfect commuter, but it was just a bit small. The 58 Hunqa fits perfectly and is amazingly nimble. I know you enjoy the bike. Bob (Indiana)

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Mike <mjaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dan, congrats on the new bike. Be sure to post pictures after you have ridden it. Ride first, pictures second. What bars did you go with, Noodles or Albas?

--mike

Mike

Nov 30, 2012, 10:29:36 AM11/30/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
So Dan, how'd it go? Did the bike arrive and get set-up without any issues? Pictures?

--mike