Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 32s on a Romulus

Darin G.

May 23, 2012, 4:13:20 PM5/23/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Think of the Supreme 32s on my Rom, at least for summer when I let the Romulus run naked.  I run the 40s on my Atlantis and love them.  Anyone using the 32s?

Jay in Tel Aviv

May 24, 2012, 5:16:32 AM5/24/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have the 32s on my Sam.
Pretty much as advertised - good combination of speed and puncture
resistance for about $60 a tire.
I did get one puncture a while back, following which I filled my rear
tube with sealant.

Jay

BrettG

May 24, 2012, 4:12:31 PM5/24/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Last winter after getting several flats in the rain on my VO Rando
bike
I put on some Supreme 32s as a temporary replacement for Grand Bois
Cypress
as the width is close to the same (the Supreme 32s measure about 30 or
31mm).

I also have a Romulus with Jack Brown blues (measure 33mm) and
frankly
having ridden the Supremes I definitely prefer the Jack Browns on my
Romulus. I've never had a flat in over 3 years of using the Jack
Brown
blues on my Romulus. The Jack Browns are more comfortable, more
attractive
and produce less road noise that the Supremes. I've also used the JB
greens with success. The Jack Browns and Grand Bois Cypress tires are
by
far my favorite tires, it's just that the Grand Bois tires have been
more prone to flats.

Brett.

Greg

May 24, 2012, 9:48:47 PM5/24/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
I use the Jack Brown Blues on my '91 Bridgestone RB-T for commuting.
Before that I ran the Supremes in 32mm and, before that.....Jack Brown
Blues.
I switched back to the Jacks because, like Brett, I found they were
smoother rolling but also faster on pavement than the Supremes. In
spite of them being wider.
When you roll a set of Supremes across a polished stone floor, they
rumble and you can feel it through your handlebars.
A couple folks replied that their experience was different and they
thought Supremes had it over Jacks.
Well....everybody to their own kick and I reckon there's no accounting
for taste.
But after back to back runs, I'm staying with Jack's in Blue.
Greg

Corwin

May 28, 2012, 1:22:22 AM5/28/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm running the Supreme 32s on my Custom. After about 18 months and
1000 miles - only one flat. I have a set of Supreme 38s on another
bike. After more than 3000 miles and three years, no flats there. And
I can't detect any difference in performance between the two - except
that the 38s are softer.

Corwin