Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Joe Bernard

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 12:17:5028.08.12
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
All I know is from this Harris Cyclery tweet. Years ago Grant asked for a 7-speed "Alpine group" from Shimano. Of course he wanted barcons, not brifters, but this may come close.
Harris Cyclery@harriscyclery

Coming soon! 7 speed Shimano STI shift/brake levers. Part of Shimano's new entry level road group (Tourney). ETA: October 2012

Joe Bernard

Vallejo, CA.

dougP

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 19:45:2628.08.12
an RBW Owners Bunch
Wasn't 7 speed the standard when STI was first sold? It's been around
so long that it's easy to find riders who've never ridden anything
else.

dougP

On Aug 28, 9:17 am, Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All I know is from this Harris Cyclery tweet. Years ago Grant asked for a
> 7-speed "Alpine group" from Shimano. Of course he wanted barcons, not
> brifters, but this may come close.
> *Harris Cyclery‏@harriscyclery*

Joe Bernard

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 20:35:1428.08.12
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
It was first sold as Dura-Ace 8-speed, but yes, everything else was 7 at the time. There was eventually a 7-speed RSX STI group.

Steve Palincsar

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 20:53:4928.08.12
On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 16:45 -0700, dougP wrote:
> Wasn't 7 speed the standard when STI was first sold? It's been around
> so long that it's easy to find riders who've never ridden anything
> else.

No, that came in with Dura Ace 8.

BSWP

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 20:57:4828.08.12
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If this trend keeps up, we can look forward to a six and five speed freewheel from Shimano. ;-)

I never have regretted putting the six-speed Sachs freewheel on my LongLow 14 years ago... it still runs like a champ, and the cogs are perfectly spaced.

- Andrew, Berkeley

Joe Broach

ungelesen,
28.08.2012, 21:24:5328.08.12
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 5:57 PM, BSWP <asht...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If this trend keeps up, we can look forward to a six and five speed
> freewheel from Shimano. ;-)

6sp Shimano FWs are still in production, AFAIK!
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/freewheels.html#6

Best,
joe broach
portland, or

Montclair BobbyB

ungelesen,
29.08.2012, 11:58:1029.08.12
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Could the world finally be coming to its senses?  Is the trend reversing??? IS THERE HOPE FOR THE WORLD?????  Maybe... this is certainly a positive sign.   Let's just hope Shimano keeps it real, and doesn't throw in some funky twist, like electronic shifting (exaggeration)...

Thomas Lynn Skean

ungelesen,
30.08.2012, 10:13:2630.08.12
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Indeed... perhaps there is hope for the world. I applaud any corporate acknowledgment that for many cyclists 7 speeds is enough.

"7. Good for stems *and* cogs!"

However, there are still dark forces at work. I really hope the diamond frame bicycle we know and love is *not* replaced by the http://bikehugger.com/m/view/fliz-sling-bike any time soon. Or ever.

With eternal vigilance,
Thomas Lynn Skean
:)

Garth

ungelesen,
02.09.2012, 11:19:3702.09.12
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hahaha .. this is funny ...

I "made my stand" with 7 speeds in the 90's.  I bought a bunch of 7 speed Sachs freewheels and have collected spare cogs and bodies along the way :)   I tired 8 and 9 .. I thought .... hmmmm .... why ?   lol    More isn't better ... it's just more .  More shifting ... lol.  7 is a nice balance for myself of being able to change a wide range of gears without shifting too much. It's all relative to the person of course ... but if you are not pleasing yourself ... you're pleasing no one ;)

My favorite cog spacing with a 24/36/48 is a 13/15/17/20/24/28/32 .  Where I live .. I use them ALL with the 36/48.

BTW ... the Harris Cyclery link above is not a link !  Any other links to the info of the Shimano group ?

Joe Bernard

ungelesen,
02.09.2012, 15:55:0202.09.12
an rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com