Where have all the Riv-diamond braze-ons gone?

Michael

Dec 9, 2012, 5:53:45 PM12/9/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
You know, for the bridges and bottle holder rivets?

A nice touch. Was wondering why they stopped using them on the bikes. Too bad.
It is nice. They are kinda like braze-on lugs.
They finish the lugging look of the bike, if ya ask me. Having all joints lugged and braze-ons finished in that way.

Peter Morgano

Dec 9, 2012, 5:56:33 PM12/9/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Those are customs and earlier one offs it would appear. Probably  too expensive to bring that level of detail to a production bike.

Michael

Dec 9, 2012, 7:36:51 PM12/9/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I would think they would be much easier than the detailing of lugs though.

Eric Norris

Dec 9, 2012, 7:50:31 PM12/9/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com, rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, my custom Richard Sachs has plain Jane round bottle braze-ons. For whatever reason, he doesn't use them on his frames, and he's certainly not cutting corners in terms or price or workmanship.

Eric N
Twitter: @CampyOnlyGuy

Peter Pesce

Dec 9, 2012, 8:36:44 PM12/9/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
My QB, bafflingly, doesn't even have a proper fender boss on the rear brake bridge. Everything is built to a price. (That being said, the QB is a dream of a bike and I'd be happy with it even if it had one fork leg and no seat tube!)

-Pete in CT

naw...@comcast.net

Dec 10, 2012, 6:46:11 AM12/10/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The brake bridge on my Rodeo has those sweet little diamonds and they are painted in the cut outs too!

Dave Nawrocki
Fort Collins, CO

Dec 10, 2012, 8:43:51 AM12/10/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com