Someone please buy this: 53cm Legolas

cyclotourist

Oct 27, 2012, 1:22:04 PM10/27/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Not mine, no connection, just love the most elusive Rivendell!

www.ebay.com/itm/150934574490

--
Cheers,
David

**
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." -Mark Twain

Aaron Thomas

Oct 27, 2012, 2:24:35 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, if that were a 55, I'd be all over it!

cyclotourist

Oct 27, 2012, 3:32:41 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Close enough!!!

Joe Bernard

Oct 27, 2012, 3:55:00 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Right size, wrong color. No damage to my credit card today.
Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

cyclotourist

Oct 27, 2012, 3:56:41 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The color can be changed!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rbw-owners-bunch/-/zOjuHNuyYmAJ.

Steven Frederick

Oct 27, 2012, 5:12:43 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Crap, I might have to take a crack at this. My size and as you say,
they don't come along too often. Man, those are some scuffed up brake
levers, tho! Wonder if he'd do just he frame/fork?

Steve
> --
> "RBW Owners Bunch" group.

cyclotourist

Oct 27, 2012, 6:26:42 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the Legolas is a pretty special bike... like the color, brakes can be changed!

Joe Bernard

Oct 27, 2012, 7:52:52 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sure, just change the paint. And brake levers. And shfters. It's only money! :)

Joe

cyclotourist

Oct 27, 2012, 8:03:32 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That's the spirit!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rbw-owners-bunch/-/_tGCPSu9v08J.

J L

Oct 27, 2012, 8:10:43 PM10/27/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

What ever happened to that robin's egg blue proto legolas that was recently on the list?   Did anyone here buy it.  I know it was last listed as a complete bike on sf craigslist for $900, then a while later posted here on the list by the new owner.  I should have snatched it up.

Jl

lungimsam

Oct 28, 2012, 12:53:49 AM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Wasn't the Legolas designed with a heavier frame as a cyclocross bike?

Joe Bernard

Oct 28, 2012, 1:35:37 AM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Nope. It's a lightweight-tubing cyclocrosser. Cyclocross doesn't have big jumps that require a stout frame, and those bikes spend a lot of time being carried by the rider. Gotta be light.

Joe

cyclotourist

Oct 28, 2012, 2:20:39 AM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's pretty much the lightest weight Rivy bike out there, a true racing bike. Probably lighter/flexier than a Roadeo, but with cantis and more tire clearance. VERY special bikes...

Steve Park

Oct 28, 2012, 11:17:21 AM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
How many Legoli did they make?

Count me in the running if anyone offers a 55

Jim Mather

Oct 28, 2012, 1:50:12 PM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The Legolas and Roadeo have the same tubing for top and seat tubes, fork blades and chain stays. The Legolas downtube is slightly heavier at .7/.5/.7 vs .65/.45/65 for the Roadeo. There were around 80 built according to Mark and Grant. It is definitely a race-worthy bike.

jim m
wc ca

PATRICK MOORE

Oct 28, 2012, 3:33:28 PM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If this question has been answered, can you or y'all point me to the
source? If not:

How does the Roadeo and Legolas tubing compare to that of a medium
(58) size Rambouillet?
> --

Vote early, vote often, vote Rhinoceros!
http://tinyurl.com/d7muj2t

-------------------------
Patrick Moore, Albuquerque, NM, USA
For professional resumes, contact Patrick Moore, ACRW
http://resumespecialties.com/index.html
-------------------------

Jim Mather

Oct 28, 2012, 3:40:07 PM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Bruce Herbitter

Oct 28, 2012, 8:12:01 PM10/28/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Keep in mind that many items, including bikes, sold by RBW change specs with pretty regular frequency for any number of reasons.  The pre-release write up on Cyclofiend linked below is not exactly how they turned out. For example, the inital color was orange, not beeswax, Japanese tubes were used, and the tube set is just a hair different than listed.

I rode my blue Ram today and enjoyed just as much as ever. It wasn't designed to race with, but it's fast enough. Rodeo was designed to be a speedy club racer and Legolas a racing CX bike. All three are good bikes.

Andy.M

Oct 28, 2012, 8:32:27 PM10/28/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Anyone want to buy this:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/bik/3368317287.html

so that I can buy the Legolas?

-Andy (crossing my fingers)
> can't chew it." -*Mark Twain*

cyclotourist

Nov 3, 2012, 12:30:28 AM11/3/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Auction ended at $1,825... I think that was right about what the BIN was. Someone has a great new bike!

Dave

Nov 3, 2012, 12:32:19 AM11/3/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Good think it was too small for you.  I could see you thinking about selling the car...

cyclotourist

Nov 3, 2012, 12:35:20 AM11/3/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
A car, a kidney, a kid... I have more than one of each!

Dave

Nov 3, 2012, 12:37:23 AM11/3/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
And still no Legolas.  The next time a 60 cm comes up, your kids will need to hide!

cyclotourist

Nov 3, 2012, 12:43:43 AM11/3/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just biding my time...