New Pletscher Zoom Kickstand

Marc Irwin

Jul 13, 2012, 12:44:26 PM7/13/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
This might be old news to some, but Pletscher redesigned their one-legged kickstand.   I got one from and LBS the other day, put it on my Hillborne and couldn't be more pleased with it.  It seems to be a lot more stable and is adjustable without any cutting.

Marc

Jared Volpe

Jul 14, 2012, 9:54:03 AM7/14/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the tip. looks great. thoughts on losing or breaking the

Jared Volpe

Jul 14, 2012, 9:54:22 AM7/14/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
oops... the plastic piece?

Marc Irwin

Jul 14, 2012, 7:02:05 PM7/14/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
As you might expect, the plastic itself is very strong, I don't see any problem with weathering or impact.  It's held in place with two ss set screws held by nylock nuts.  You could add loctite if one of them comes loose.

Marc

On Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:54:22 AM UTC-4, Jared Volpe wrote:
oops... the plastic piece?

Joe Bernard

Jul 14, 2012, 8:59:15 PM7/14/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for telling us about this..a much better design. It was good to be introduced to your blog, too. Good stuff there!

Joe Bernard
Vallejo, CA.

Eric Platt

Jul 15, 2012, 8:07:24 AM7/15/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I bought one of these a few months ago.  Put it on the Sam Hillborne.  And it was off again after 5 minutes.  My heel kept hitting the plastic part.  Even tried it on the SimpleOne.  Same thing.  Now it should be noted that I ride most of the time in Keen sandals which have a wide heel.

It is a nice design, significantly lighter than a regular kickstand and the wider base seems better too.  But for me, it just did not work.

If one gets down to a blame game, it's going to be error on my part.  Not a problem with the design, but with the user.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN

Mike

Jul 15, 2012, 9:10:15 AM7/15/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info Eric. I just received a single-legger from RBW on Fri and will stick with that.

Marc, I really enjoyed checking out your blog and will definitely check it out again. Very nice build on the Hillborne.

--mike

Marc Irwin

Jul 17, 2012, 10:56:55 AM7/17/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If I get a chance, I'll take another photo from the top.  I haven't had any issues with my feet striking it.

Marc

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 11:11:51 AM UTC-4, Johan Larsson wrote:
If possible, I'd like to see a photo of it flipped up as well. Is it sticking out a tad more than the original?

/Johan

Marc Irwin

Jul 18, 2012, 12:42:04 AM7/18/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Here's a cell phone pic looking straight down from the saddle.

Marc