CentOS 6 packaging and installation docs

Steve Trotman

May 16, 2012, 11:31:17 AM5/16/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
This is directed to the developers.  I'd like to contribute a setup/installation guide for CentOS 6.  I got razor-qt desktop working using the RPMs in the repository for Centos but discovered they rely on several EPEL packages (openbox, imlib2, xscreensaver, xorg-x11-resutils) and upower which I had to create a RPM for myself.  Please let me know if you are interested and how I would publish the information.
Thanks,
Steve

Alec Moskvin

May 16, 2012, 1:41:06 PM5/16/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

For documentation, I think the best place to put it is on the CentOS
wiki. If not, you can create a page on ours:
https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/wiki

If you created spec files, you can also create a repo on the OBS
(https://build.opensuse.org/) to build CentOS RPMs that people could
download.

Thanks,
Alec

Petr Vanek

May 16, 2012, 4:29:20 PM5/16/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com

Alec Moskvin

May 16, 2012, 4:36:38 PM5/16/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
I meant for upower :)

Axel Sommerfeldt

Jul 31, 2012, 4:43:43 AM7/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Am Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2012 22:36:38 UTC+2 schrieb amoskvin:
I meant for upower :)

Since I just try to install razor-qt on RHEL6 (and got stuck because of missing upower) I'm extremely interested in this. Could you please help me out? This would be very kind.

Steve Trotman

Jul 31, 2012, 9:34:10 AM7/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I haven't looked at this in a while but am going to try it again with 6.3.  I did publish a upower rpm on an OBS repo:

Axel Sommerfeldt

Jul 31, 2012, 9:59:50 AM7/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Am Dienstag, 31. Juli 2012 15:34:10 UTC+2 schrieb Steve Trotman:
I did publish a upower rpm on an OBS repo:

Using this repo I was able to install razor-qt on RHEL Desktop 6.3 without problems, thank you very much!