Razor-qt release

devil

May 29, 2012, 2:47:00 AM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Yesterday we released a development snapshot of Razor-qt with an underlying siduction 12.1. The release note has all the details. The images have ~ 700 MB and can be downloaded from our website.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 29, 2012, 9:50:41 AM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com

previously i upload to google drive a two flavors of razorqt with realy extended multimedia support and develpoment funtionality as extra ..

but had not published here because it was focused on multimedia latin american and desktop GTK+QT integration, event a pure qt4 based desktop.. i building  pure baset qt4 desktop but many qt4 based apps (like dinofm, qtfm, qxkb, qlipper and others) are not 100% usefully, poor on design or unstable at the moment (no definition on roadmap)

take a look here:

u can use in englihs or whaever languaje by editing at start, pulse tab and change "es_VE" by u'r codename country an that's all..

Bring all of the above described over HDMI, Audio, Video, Blueray, Editing, Programming

* Updated the desktop, is razorqt, in Spanish and many other languajes, modified & improved by piccoro
* Support blueray, 3gp, flv, dvd, cd, laserdisc, etc bla bla bla.. can read the newspaper (almos ji ji)
* Kernel 3.2 with bug fix of AMSP and corrections Drum (live mode only)
* sound alsa HDMI suport (requires customize, but its easy)
* xorg 7.10 mesa updated with galium and dri2 integration
* all close to debian stable!!!!!
* Html5 support in iceweasel, chromium and qupzilla
* CARDS support dual discrete (but not swicherro or bumbede)
* Four web browsers on the DVD (two are knowed well)
* Latest version of icewesael / firefox on the CD with html5
* Instant messenger supported with pidgin and video camera integration
* Compilers gcc / g + + with headers included
* Removed qxkb due are unusefully yet and not working very well

for entertaimen u can find:
* Sega emulator, mastersistem, megadrive, nintendo, Super, gameboy,gameboyadvance, pcengine, and more
* Qmmp, mplayer2, clementine, with all devices suported (nomad, ipod, iphone, mp4, etc)
* a set of brain breack logic games an chess engine

DVD flavor has a plus with ALL HEADERS and development enviroment for qt4 (with qtcreator), multimedia and C/C++ and java 6 includes.

If there is an audio or video file that this version of venenux not play, there's not of thisplanet!

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM, devil <fe.t...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Yesterday we released a development snapshot of Razor-qt with an underlying siduction 12.1. The release note has all the details. The images have ~ 700 MB and can be downloaded from our website.

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com
Cofundador de Venenux;  debian based multimedia alike free only zealots users (oh well, i try but..too many free guidelines buahhh)
http://shutendouji.net
creador de massenkoh linux; debian enhanchements for better up to date support on stable brand, including non-free soft.

devil

May 29, 2012, 10:05:37 AM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
thxx for hijaking my post :)

Petr Vanek

May 29, 2012, 10:26:30 AM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On May 29, 2012 (Tuesday), at 8:47 AM, devil wrote:

Yesterday we released a development snapshot of Razor-qt with an underlying siduction 12.1. The release note has all the details. The images have ~ 700 MB and can be downloaded from our website.

pretty cool (testing x86 bootable/live iso in virtualbox). All started out of the box.
Just notes:

 - it takes ~230MB of RAM in my machine. Pretty cool.
 - the graphics is very scary to me ;) (Or EMO-ish?;))
 - we need something to do with dark themes. Light are still nicer IMHO.
 - why there are 2 quicklaunches in panel? I was quite confused on start...
 - the ununtu-like brown-orange is really ugly color ;) (and I am orange fan, but...)

cheers,
p.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 29, 2012, 10:36:25 AM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
i can explain some of that:

 - it takes ~230MB of RAM in my machine. Pretty cool.
this are great for siduction, the sidux based isos are ram ungry but with razorqt siduction are very light

 - the graphics is very scary to me ;) (Or EMO-ish?;))
 - we need something to do with dark themes. Light are still nicer IMHO.
this are due many of us not know well the format for creating themes for razorqt.. .. we need help on this.. i solve in my case overriden default theme.. u'r right light theme are nice.

 - why there are 2 quicklaunches in panel? I was quite confused on start...
This are due the package of siduction are prevous of panel improvement around quickstart fixeds..  currently guys this are solved in git..

 - the ununtu-like brown-orange is really ugly color ;) (and I am orange fan, but...)
i use blue theme due that ;-)

cheers,
p.

Александр Соколов

May 29, 2012, 11:48:19 AM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
1. I found the bug: When I save settings in the qtconfig fonts  suddenly was changed.

diff ~/.config/Trolltech.conf.bak ~/.config/Trolltech.conf
2c2
< font="Droid Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0"
---
> font="Droid Sans,9,-1,5,75,0,0,0,0,0"
20c20
< GUIEffects=general, animatemenu, animatecombo, fadetooltip, animatetoolbox
---
> GUIEffects=none

2. You are using old version of the qterminal. We have a new version with many features (one of them is yakuake mode).

3. If you are have qterminal, why quicklaunch has UXTerm?

4. IMHO if you are using dark theme menu should dark too - http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9235/screenshot84dc697b.png. I attach fixed razor-panel.qss file.

5. You can remove desktop.qss, panel.qss, razor-runner/razor-runner.qss, razor-power/razor-power.qss files from theme, in the new version this files not used.

2012/5/29 PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckayg...@gmail.com>

--
Best regards,
Alexander.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 29, 2012, 12:03:36 PM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com

2. You are using old version of the qterminal. We have a new version with many features (one of them is yakuake mode).
Please sokoloff, still use a extern qtwiget proyect patched? or i can grab default qtermwiget install and use it?

 I attach fixed razor-panel.qss file.
i need more info for customize and create themes for razorqt.. culd u post a short article in razorqt wiki, or send me som specific info and i put them in wiki..

Александр Соколов

May 29, 2012, 12:26:16 PM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
2012/5/29 PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckayg...@gmail.com>

2. You are using old version of the qterminal. We have a new version with many features (one of them is yakuake mode).
Please sokoloff, still use a extern qtwiget proyect patched? or i can grab default qtermwiget install and use it?
This is Petrs project. So Petr can answered to you.

 I attach fixed razor-panel.qss file.
i need more info for customize and create themes for razorqt.. culd u post a short article in razorqt wiki, or send me som specific info and i put them in wiki..
Themes placed in the ~/local/share/razor/themes and /usr/<local>/share/razor/themes. Theme dir may contains set of the .qss files and images. Qss is a standard Qt style sheet http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/stylesheet.html
Razor program search qss file with same name as it (razor-panel -> razor-panel.qss and so on).

Best regards,
Alexander.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 29, 2012, 12:43:26 PM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
i like me, this release of siduction.. does faster thatn kde4 flavor,  but for 256Mb of ram can include kde4 apps.. light desktop  for me are 60-180Mb of ram, like venenux does with razorqt desktop (160Mb in P3) or lxde (80Mb in any machine)..

excelnt, a good idea its a extra siduction repo with razorqt desktop and kde4 apps.. mixed.. ummm and some editors like kdenlive O.o

2. You are using old version of the qterminal. We have a new version with many features (one of them is yakuake mode).
Please sokoloff, still use a extern qtwiget proyect patched? or i can grab default qtermwiget install and use it?
This is Petrs project. So Petr can answered to you.
Thanks.. i must now registrer at gitorius.. ufff

Themes placed in the ~/local/share/razor/themes and /usr/<local>/share/razor/themes. Theme dir may contains set of the .qss
Copy cat that.. obvious..

files and images. Qss is a standard Qt style sheet http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/stylesheet.html
i think was a own razorqt style .. jajaja

Razor program search qss file with same name as it (razor-panel -> razor-panel.qss and so on).
excelent, mabe git repo must be clean up for that..

devil

May 29, 2012, 3:43:48 PM5/29/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:48:19 PM UTC+2, Alexander Sokolov wrote:
1. I found the bug: When I save settings in the qtconfig fonts  suddenly was changed.

diff ~/.config/Trolltech.conf.bak ~/.config/Trolltech.conf
2c2
< font="Droid Sans,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0"
---
> font="Droid Sans,9,-1,5,75,0,0,0,0,0"
20c20
< GUIEffects=general, animatemenu, animatecombo, fadetooltip, animatetoolbox
---
> GUIEffects=none

2. You are using old version of the qterminal. We have a new version with many features (one of them is yakuake mode).

The code in your link never seemed to build. It does now. So we will update qterminal and remove UXTerm

3. If you are have qterminal, why quicklaunch has UXTerm?

4. IMHO if you are using dark theme menu should dark too - http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9235/screenshot84dc697b.png. I attach fixed razor-panel.qss file.

Thanks for that, looking at it soon

5. You can remove desktop.qss, panel.qss, razor-runner/razor-runner.qss, razor-power/razor-power.qss files from theme, in the new version this files not used.

OK, thanks for the feedback.

devil

May 30, 2012, 9:05:23 AM5/30/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
qterminal will ony compile if  clearActiveTerminal() is not used.

[ 57%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/qterminal.dir/termwidgetholder.cpp.o
/media/data1/Source/razorqt/qterminal/qterminal/src/termwidgetholder.cpp: In member function ‘void TermWidgetHolder::clearActiveTerminal()’:
/media/data1/Source/razorqt/qterminal/qterminal/src/termwidgetholder.cpp:160:32: error: ‘class TermWidgetImpl’ has no member named ‘clear’

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 30, 2012, 9:40:24 AM5/30/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
have u imported complete qtermwiget from gitorius, not from sourceforge?

towo

May 31, 2012, 4:44:37 AM5/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Yess, this is the compile error  against qtermwidget from gitorius.

Petr Vanek

May 31, 2012, 9:57:30 AM5/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On May 31, 2012 (Thursday), at 10:44 AM, towo wrote:

Yess, this is the compile error  against qtermwidget from gitorius.

all compiles fine here (mac, linux).
Are you sure you have fresh qtermwidget library as well?

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 31, 2012, 10:58:15 AM5/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
i'm currently compile.. for confirm & test, as well at sam time making
debian package and posting to wnpp and mentors..

towo

May 31, 2012, 3:05:07 PM5/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
I have tryed it again, fresh compiled qtermwidget from gitorius, copied the libs + the header to the qterminal dir and start compiling as you can see here:
http://paste.debian.net/172253/

The error stayes.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 31, 2012, 3:18:22 PM5/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
i compilet susessfully qtermwidget.. and qterminal..

i think that

cmake .. -DQTERMWIDGET_PATH_INCLUDES=/media/data1/Source/razorqt/qterminal/qterminal
-DQTERMWIDGET_PATH_LIB=/media/data1/Source/razorqt/q

u specified libs and patch but cmake file only use that for
configuring, but at linking time not found in patch..

i discovered that :

1) compile using packagin :
packagin qtermwidget (attached)
install debs generated
now only complinig qterminal...
result: sussess

then clean and uninstall all deb of qtermwidget..
2) compile using custom build
mkdir build-dir
cmake ../
make

cd ..
mkdir buildterm
cd buildterm
cmake -DQTERMWIDGET_PATH_INCLUDES=/home/massenkoh/debian/razorqt/qterminal/qterminal
-DQTERMWIDGET_PATH_LIB=/home/massenkoh/debian/razorqt/q

and second method fail! due do not find lib in path..
libqtermwidget0_0.4.0.1-1_i386.deb
libqtermwidget-designer_0.4.0.1-1_i386.deb
libqtermwidget-dev_0.4.0.1-1_i386.deb
qtermwidget_0.4.0.1-1_i386.changes
qtermwidget-data_0.4.0.1-1_i386.deb

towo

May 31, 2012, 4:26:13 PM5/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
I fond my error here, but one question stayes.
cmake only find libqtermwidgetplugin.so if it is in /usr/share/qterminal, you install to /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer, if i do so, then cmake can't find the share dir.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 31, 2012, 4:32:14 PM5/31/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
the plgins are only for designer..

th lib itsefl are in /usr/lib

if u use debian and install my packages u can see i splited in data,
libs and qtdesigner plugin..

cmake will link if have in LIB PATH, but if qtermwitget are not
installed (linked with ld) compilation errors occurs..

i attached my qterminal package also, qtermwidget libraries are in
previously mail..
qterminal_0.4.0.1-1_i386.deb
qterminal_0.4.0.1-1_i386.changes

Александр Соколов

Jun 1, 2012, 12:25:32 PM6/1/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Next commands successfully build qtermwidget/qterminal under Sidiction

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get purge qterminal

sudo apt-get install git cmake qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libx11-dev

cd ~
mkdir qtermwidget/build
cd qtermwidget/build
cmake .. && make && sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

cd ~
mkdir qterminal/build
cd qterminal/build
cmake .. && make && sudo make install

Test:
Standard mode: qterminal
Yakuake mode: qterminal --drop

2012/6/1 towo <t.woh...@gmx.de>

--
Best regards,
Alexander.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 1, 2012, 2:28:22 PM6/1/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com

> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get purge qterminal
>
> sudo apt-get install git cmake qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libx11-dev
>
> cd ~
> git clone git://gitorious.org/qtermwidget/qtermwidget.git
> mkdir qtermwidget/build
> cd qtermwidget/build
> cmake .. && make && sudo make install

This line thats i refers

>> I fond my error here, but one question stayes.
>> cmake only find libqtermwidgetplugin.so if it is in /usr/share/qterminal,
>> you install to /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/designer, if i do so, then cmake can't
>> find the share dir.
i said that currently cmakefiles install to that.. if u dont tell
where are LINKED THE LIBRARIES they dont find it! if u compile as
first post an make "ldconfig" in that paths, qterminal wi'll find in
that place..

qterminal in terms of funtionality are great, excelent application,
needs some icon in menues for eye candy end users..

the yakuake mode need remove the menu widget.. and puts tabs at
bottom, looks better like embebed under screen border..

i added to my repository.. great for qterminal

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 2, 2012, 4:32:17 PM6/2/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/issues/303

please devil.. the siduction flavor of razorqt are great..

but bugtracker are for development and bug and problems issues..

theres other razorqt slitaz based, made by Chritophe
http://groups.google.com/group/razor-qt/browse_thread/thread/6ebbc9ef199eca9a/ad80c41ef5314bea?lnk=gst&q=slitaz#ad80c41ef5314bea

another excelent job, but chris not used bugtracker for propaganda..

adition to that venenux 0.9 release also used razorqt but more
powered.. and i not posted on bugtraker...

Ferdinand Thommes

Jun 3, 2012, 6:42:35 AM6/3/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, if there had been a 'contact' or the like on the website, I would not have filed a wishlist bug, which, btw. under debian would have been the right way of doing this. (whishlist bug)
So, who is responsible for the website? Could that person please add us to the distributions available with razor-qt? I will be writing an article for german magazine LinuxUser on razor-qt and our release, which will be featured in the issue at the end of June. (also the images will be on the magazines DVD). It would be nice to see siduction on the webpage for that, so I can point out, what distributions ship razor-qt.
A  siduction logo is at http://git.siduction.org/?p=siduction/artwork-siduction.git;a=blob;f=siduction_Logo/png/Name+and+Symbol.png;h=a71b34dd8407533509c0293d1e8338955939f5f7;hb=HEAD
Thanks.

Petr Vanek

Jun 3, 2012, 1:46:07 PM6/3/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
don't worry. I'll add it today's evening.

Alec Moskvin

Jun 3, 2012, 2:05:18 PM6/3/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
It would also make sense to add Mageia as well:

https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Mageia_2_Release_Notes#Razor-Qt

Petr Vanek

Jun 3, 2012, 4:00:30 PM6/3/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
at first - I suggest something like this:
"Mageia: included in official repository/release"

at second - sorry guys, I forgot username/pass to hosting so I cannot do it. Alex (Sokoloff), can you prepare some more robust solution? I mean more usernames/keys to login, please? Or maybe if it is not possible is there any volunteer to port current design to some CMS? And maintain it for future?

just trying ;)

p.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 4, 2012, 12:40:30 AM6/4/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Petr Vanek <pe...@scribus.info> wrote:
at first - I suggest something like this:
"Mageia: included in official repository/release"
now : siduction, slitaz-razorqt, mageia, venenux

at second - sorry guys, I forgot username/pass to hosting so I
O.o  "madre mia"

cannot do it. Alex (Sokoloff), can you prepare some more robust solution? I mean more usernames/keys to login, please? Or maybe if it is not possible is there any volunteer to port current design to some CMS? And maintain it for future?
ummm i dont calified.. out of time.. the time its the most important

Александр Соколов

Jun 4, 2012, 12:27:04 PM6/4/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Done. But can you send me short (1-2 sentence) text for the "Live CD & DVD" page.

2012/6/3 Ferdinand Thommes <ferdinan...@gmail.com>

--
Best regards,
Alexander.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 4, 2012, 1:51:22 PM6/4/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com, victor diex Diaz Devera, shaman
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Александр Соколов <sokol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Done. But can you send me short (1-2 sentence) text for the "Live CD & DVD" page.

siduction, debian sid based distribution:
Download: http://ftp.spline.de/mirrors/siduction/iso/razor-qt/

Venenux.org, focused on multimedia updated:
Web: www.venenux.org (in redesing)
-----: (english : click here) :-----

slitaz razorqt, smalles and aster as DSL:

mageia , i dont find more info:
download: i dont see mageia cd preinstalled with razorqt.. and some forums said that instal mageia erazorqt packages has some details..

I FIND A SUSE QTDESKTOP that use razroqt:
very insteresting. but suse's i know take 250 Mb of ram.. too many for me..

Ferdinand Thommes

Jun 4, 2012, 3:04:18 PM6/4/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com, victor diex Diaz Devera, shaman
Thank you!
Sure I can write you something:
Siduction is a distribution based on debian unstable. This Razor-Qt Live-CD ships a git snapshot of razor-qt from 2012-05-21 and enriches it with interesting qt-apps. For further info see the release notes at http://siduction.org/index.php?module=news&func=display&sid=115&lang=en

As I mentioned earlier, I am writing an article on razor-qt and our release for LinuxUser magazine. Would you mind if we do a small interview? Just something like 3 questions? That would be nice.

Александр Соколов

Jun 5, 2012, 7:03:47 AM6/5/12
to razo...@googlegroups.com

2012/6/4 PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckayg...@gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Александр Соколов <sokol...@gmail.com> wrote:
Done. But can you send me short (1-2 sentence) text for the "Live CD & DVD" page.

Done

Venenux.org, focused on multimedia updated:
Web: www.venenux.org (in redesing)
-----: (english : click here) :-----
@ PICCORO McKAY Lenz
Can you write small description like Ferdinand wrote.
@ Christophe Lincoln
Can you write small description for Slitaz.

mageia , i dont find more info:
download: i dont see mageia cd preinstalled with razorqt.. and some forums said that instal mageia erazorqt packages has some details..
Is Mageia has live-CD with razor?

I FIND A SUSE QTDESKTOP that use razroqt:
very insteresting. but suse's i know take 250 Mb of ram.. too many for me..
When Eugene will send me text (I contacted with him), I'll publish it.

--
Best regards,
Alexander.