Please use PCManFM-Qt git version for now.

pcma...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2013, 9:50:22 AM6/21/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com

As many people know, a Qt port of PCManFM is under heavy development. Although we released PCManFM-Qt 0.1 previously, it contains some bugs and memory leaks. Most of the issues are already solved in the latest source code in our online git repository and will be available in the next release. However, the new code depends on the latest libfm 1.2, which is not released yet. Due to the small delay of libfm release, the new release for PCManFM-Qt cannot be made at the moment. Brave users who cannot wait for the final release are encouraged to try the latest git version of libfm and PCManFM-Qt to get the latest features and fixes.

Here is a short list of what's in the latest git version (and will be in the next release):

  1. Fix several important memory leaks in version 0.1
  2. Some optimizations for memory usage and speed are done
  3. Full thumbnail support (can show thumbnails for image files and other formats with external thumbnailer installed)
  4. Extract thumbnails from EXIF data of jpeg files (via libfm 1.2)
  5. Optimize column widths of detailed list view automatically
  6. Correctly handle desktop icons when a work area is set
  7. Detects icon theme automatically according to current desktop environment. No need to set an icon theme manually in LXDE, XFCE, Gnome, and Razor-Qt.
  8. Some other small bug fixse

The current code of PCManFM-Qt in the git repo is nearly ready for daily use. The memory usage and overall performance are acceptable, too. When Andriy finishes libfm 1.2 and makes a new release, I'll make one for PCManFM-Qt at the same time. Before that, users are encouraged to try the git version.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 21, 2013, 12:32:04 PM6/21/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
WHEN WHEEEENNNN libfm release..

i hope libfm could still compile with older glibc << 2.26 and gtk2 << 2.23

a good feature are that currently razorqt can compile and runs perfectly with glibc << 2.26 and qt4 4.6.3

this king of features gain more users from minimalist env and older distributions in some countries, many many

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

Andrej N. Gritsenko

Jun 23, 2013, 5:16:36 AM6/23/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

PICCORO McKAY Lenz has written on Friday, 21 June, at 12:02:
>WHEN WHEEEENNNN libfm release..

All I can say it will reach beta state as soon all missing features
are implemented therefore bugreports are fixed, and I believe that will
happen this summer, there is not too much left to do yet.

>i hope libfm could still compile with older glibc << 2.26 and gtk2 << 2.23

Requirements for libfm is glib >= 2.22, for libfm-gtk is gtk >= 2.18
as clearly stated at http://wiki.lxde.org/en/LXDE:PCManFM_build_and_setup_guide
page.

>*a good feature are that currently razorqt can compile and runs perfectly
>with glibc << 2.26 and qt4 4.6.3*

>this king of features gain more users from minimalist env and older
>distributions in some countries, many many

Cheers!
Andriy.

Eugene Pivnev

Jun 23, 2013, 7:22:58 AM6/23/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
The only thing that I'm insteresting in: whether deleting files in
remote FS' (like webdav or fish) works now?

21.06.2013 17:50, pcma...@gmail.com:

> As many people know, a Qt port of PCManFM is under heavy development.
> Although we released PCManFM-Qt 0.1 previously, it contains some bugs
> and memory leaks. Most of the issues are already solved in the latest
> source code in our online git repository and will be available in the
> next release. However, the new code depends on the latest libfm 1.2,
> which is not released yet. Due to the small delay of libfm release,
> the new release for PCManFM-Qt cannot be made at the moment. Brave
> users who cannot wait for the final release are encouraged to try the
> latest git version of libfm and PCManFM-Qt to get the latest features
> and fixes.
>
> Here is a short list of what's in the latest git version (and will be
> in the next release):
>
> 1. Fix several important memory leaks in version 0.1
> 2. Some optimizations for memory usage and speed are done
> 3. Full thumbnail support (can show thumbnails for image files and
> other formats with external thumbnailer installed)
> 4. Extract thumbnails from EXIF data of jpeg files (via libfm 1.2)
> 5. Optimize column widths of detailed list view automatically
> 6. Correctly handle desktop icons when a work area is set
> 7. Detects icon theme automatically according to current desktop
> environment. No need to set an icon theme manually in LXDE, XFCE,
> Gnome, and Razor-Qt.
> 8. Some other small bug fixse

Eugene Pivnev

Jun 23, 2013, 2:04:47 PM6/23/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
1. ...like RHEL6 (glibc 2.12, qt 4.6.2)
2. As I know - libfm [was?] not depends on gtk*

21.06.2013 20:32, PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
> WHEN WHEEEENNNN libfm release..
>
> i hope libfm could still compile with older glibc << 2.26 and gtk2 << 2.23
>
> _a good feature are that *currently razorqt can compile and runs
> perfectly with glibc << 2.26 and qt4 4.6.3*_

Andrej N. Gritsenko

Jun 23, 2013, 5:20:02 PM6/23/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Eugene Pivnev has written on Sunday, 23 June, at 22:04:
>1. ...like RHEL6 (glibc 2.12, qt 4.6.2)

I believe PICCORO McKAY Lenz meant glib, not glibc. And glib in RHEL6
is 2.22.5 AFAIK. It is supported by libfm.

>2. As I know - libfm [was?] not depends on gtk*

I believe PICCORO McKAY Lenz meant libfm-gtk in that case. And libfm
does not (and will never) have dependency on any GUI toolkit.

>21.06.2013 20:32, PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
>> i hope libfm could still compile with older glibc << 2.26 and gtk2 << 2.23

>> _a good feature are that *currently razorqt can compile and runs
>> perfectly with glibc << 2.26 and qt4 4.6.3*_

Cheers!
Andriy.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 24, 2013, 8:34:17 AM6/24/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <and...@rep.kiev.ua> wrote:

u all right , glib and libfm-gtk

but not at all, in fact qt4 need gtk for theme integration and some others tricks , also need some gnome brights to more integration as i explain to SalentOS developer

Eugene A. Pivnev

Jun 25, 2013, 11:17:43 AM6/25/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
BTW - where this git is?

21.06.2013 17:50, pcma...@gmail.com:
> The current code of PCManFM-Qt in the git repo is nearly ready for
> daily use. The memory usage and overall performance are acceptable,
> too. When Andriy finishes libfm 1.2 and makes a new release, I'll make
> one for PCManFM-Qt at the same time. Before that, users are encouraged
> to try the git version. --

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 25, 2013, 11:41:55 AM6/25/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Eugene A. Pivnev <ti.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW - where this git is?

me too, git clone gimme problems....

pcma...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2013, 12:50:14 PM6/25/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Oops, I forgot the most important info. lol

PCManFM-Qt:
> git clone git://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pcmanfm/pcmanfm-qt

For compiling the latest code in git, you also need the git version of libfm and menu-cache:
> git clone git://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pcmanfm/libfm
> git clone git://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxde/menu-cache

Have fun!

Sérgio Marques

Jun 25, 2013, 12:49:47 PM6/25/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
I think that is:

2013/6/25 PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckayg...@gmail.com>
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Eugene A. Pivnev <ti.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
BTW - where this git is?

me too, git clone gimme problems....

Sérgio Marques

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 25, 2013, 1:06:06 PM6/25/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM, <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oops, I forgot the most important info. lol
libfm and menu-cache hav now a soname dump?

Andrej N. Gritsenko

Jun 25, 2013, 5:40:22 PM6/25/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

PICCORO McKAY Lenz has written on Tuesday, 25 June, at 12:36:
>On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM, <pcma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oops, I forgot the most important info. lol
>> > git clone git://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pcmanfm/libfm<http://blog.lxde.org/?p=1007>

>> > git clone git://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxde/menu-cache<http://blog.lxde.org/?p=1007>

>> libfm and menu-cache hav now a soname dump?

Yes, libfm in master branch has soname bumped to 4 already due to some
binary incompatibilities with 1.1 version, that was inevitable.

The libmenu-cache has soname changed to 2 for long enough time already,
since last November. And yes, I will bump it again for the next official
release due to some major improvement since 0.4.0.

Cheers!
Andriy.

Eugene Pivnev

Jun 26, 2013, 12:43:45 PM6/26/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
As I remember - pcmanfm-qt requires libfm-qt.

25.06.2013 20:50, pcma...@gmail.com:
> Oops, I forgot the most important info. lol
>
> PCManFM-Qt:
> > git clonegit://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pcmanfm/pcmanfm-qt
> <http://blog.lxde.org/?p=1007>
>
> For compiling the latest code in git, you also need the git version of
> libfm and menu-cache:
> > git clone git://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pcmanfm/libfm

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

Jun 26, 2013, 12:54:02 PM6/26/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Eugene Pivnev <ti.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
As I remember - pcmanfm-qt requires libfm-qt.

well in my last git clone need both, now i dont know..

Andrej N. Gritsenko

Jun 26, 2013, 2:38:18 PM6/26/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

PICCORO McKAY Lenz has written on Wednesday, 26 June, at 12:24:
>On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Eugene Pivnev <ti.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> As I remember - pcmanfm-qt requires libfm-qt.

>well in my last git clone need both, now i dont know..

If you look into http://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi
then you can see the libfm-qt is now a part of pcmanfm-qt repository. :)

Cheers!
Andriy.

pcma...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2013, 10:54:32 PM6/26/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Евгений Пивнев於 2013年6月27日星期四UTC+8上午12時43分45秒寫道:
Now libfm-qt is part of pcmanfm-qt package.
Thank you.

Samuel Stirtzel

Jun 28, 2013, 4:46:28 AM6/28/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

can you please set up a mirror on Github or Gitorious or Bitbucket or W/E because Sourceforge is slow and unreliable!

The following keeps happening for me:

$ git clone git://pcmanfm.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pcmanfm/pcmanfm-qt
Cloning into 'pcmanfm-qt'...
remote: Counting objects: 1442, done.
fatal: read error
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

Cloning from Github / Gitorious / Bitbucket / KDE git / (everything but this) works for me.

--
Regards
Samuel Stirtzel

Eugene Pivnev

Jul 5, 2013, 3:33:36 AM7/5/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
28.06.2013 12:46, Samuel Stirtzel:

> can you please set up a mirror on Github or Gitorious or Bitbucket or
> W/E because Sourceforge is slow and unreliable!
...and ceate any kind of bugtracker. Now there is no any feedback for as
pcmanfm-qt as libfm-qt.

PS. cd libfm-qt && cmake:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:55 (QT4_WRAP_UI):
Unknown CMake command "QT4_WRAP_UI".

Jerome Leclanche

Jul 5, 2013, 3:37:21 AM7/5/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, PCMan
Have to agree, a github repo for it would be really good; a central place to gather feedback on it.

J. Leclanche

Eugene Pivnev

Jul 5, 2013, 5:31:57 AM7/5/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
26.06.2013 01:40, Andrej N. Gritsenko:

>>> libfm and menu-cache hav now a soname dump?
> Yes, libfm in master branch has soname bumped to 4 already due to some
> binary incompatibilities with 1.1 version, that was inevitable.
This means that current pcmanfm (not -qt) can't be installed to the
system with new libfm...

Eugene Pivnev

Jul 5, 2013, 5:43:16 AM7/5/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
21.06.2013 17:50, pcma...@gmail.com:
> The current code of PCManFM-Qt in the git repo is nearly ready for
> daily use.
Stil it can't delete files in remote FS'.
Not not supports Shift-Del (deleting without trash).

Andrej N. Gritsenko

Jul 5, 2013, 6:28:37 AM7/5/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Eugene Pivnev has written on Friday, 5 July, at 13:31:
First of all - libraries with different sonames can coexist on the
same system. Second - you can relink pcmanfm so it will use new libfm.
The libfm (+ libfm-gtk) 1.2 is very close to beta state, BTW.

Cheers!
Andriy.

Andrej N. Gritsenko

Jul 5, 2013, 6:41:40 AM7/5/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Eugene Pivnev has written on Friday, 5 July, at 13:43:
GTK version supports Shift+Del for ages, and can delete files on
remote FS. It has no context menu for that but it will be very shortly,
just because I rewrite that context menu stuff right now, adding the
plugins structure and fixing all hardcoded bugs. :)
I'm sorry but I cannot work on both GTK and Qt things so I will not
touch Qt version for a long time yet, unless both libfm and pcmanfm 1.2
have a final release. The final release will be feature rich with very
most of feature requests and all bugs from tracker satisfied, so I can
relieve and start to learn Qt copying all the new code from GTK version
into Qt one. But that would not happen for a while.
Therefore only PCMan can and will do anything with PCManFM-Qt.

Cheers!
Andriy.