LXDE xrandr GUI frontent, lxrandr, is ported to Qt in one day.

PCMan

May 1, 2013, 9:01:18 AM5/1/13
to lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com
Well, don't expect too much.
I only took several hours and finished a very dirty and quick port.

The program is nothing more than a xrandr GUI frontend.
Some polishing and GUI redesign is defintely needed.
I deliberately made its UI the same as (as ugly as) the original gtk+
version, just to show people that porting to Qt is not as hard as one
might think.

The source code is here.
> git clone git://lxde.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/lxde/lxrandr-qt

When an external monitor is detected, it will show some quick options.
Otherwise, these buttons are hidden.

About pcmanfm-qt, I noted some memory leaks recently and I'm going to
fix it before the next release.

Cheers!

Jerome Leclanche

May 1, 2013, 2:12:57 PM5/1/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
Interesting; you might also want to have a look at this: https://github.com/zballina/razorxrandr

J. Leclanche

Petr Vaněk

May 1, 2013, 2:15:25 PM5/1/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 2, 2013, 10:21:07 AM5/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
O.O

awesome.. porting to qt gtk+ apps are very easy.. but no lxrand-qt consumes little more ram... an not load in my K6-II 300MHz du qt 4.6 could be installed into Debian etch...

rather then, i prefer GTK+

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

Andrej N. Gritsenko

May 2, 2013, 10:29:34 AM5/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

PICCORO McKAY Lenz has written on Thursday, 2 May, at 9:51:
>O.O

>awesome.. porting to qt gtk+ apps are very easy.. but no lxrand-qt consumes
>little more ram... an not load in my K6-II 300MHz du qt 4.6 could be
>installed into Debian etch...

>rather then, i prefer GTK+

I should disappoint you - GTK3 will consume more resourses and take
more disk space than Qt. Therefore you can say only about GTK2 there.

Andriy.

PICCORO McKAY Lenz

May 2, 2013, 11:56:50 AM5/2/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com

Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <and...@rep.kiev.ua> wrote:
  I should disappoint you - GTK3 will consume more resourses and take
more disk space than Qt.
umm Qt4 framework will need at leas 200MB disk ... in instalation, also GTK3 at last install in etch, QT 4.7 not!
Therefore you can say only about GTK2 there.
of course.. GTK+2 sorry..

    Andriy.

Victoria Pires

May 13, 2013, 12:21:38 PM5/13/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list

Alexis Lopez Zubieta

May 18, 2013, 4:27:03 PM5/18/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
Hello:

I have found an small bug in the razor-panel plugin "mainmenu". When you launch the menu using a keyboard shortcut it doesn't gain focus and you can't navigate it using the keyboard.

I don't know if this was corrected, in the case it weren't here is my solution.

In the file "razormainmenu.cpp" in the line 130 I have done some changes. Please excuse me, if i'm not sending you a diff file is because i don't know how to build it.
    // Just using Qt`s activateWindow() won't work on some WMs like Kwin.
    // There are two solutions:
    //  activate window with Qt call and then execute menu 1ms later using timer,
    //  or use native X11 ArfPI calls:

    // Record previous active window
    Window previousWindow = xfitMan().getActiveWindow();

    xfitMan().raiseWindow(mButton.effectiveWinId());
    mButton.activateWindow();

    mMenu->exec(QPoint(x, y));

    // Restore previous window
    xfitMan().raiseWindow(previousWindow);

Best Regards

--

University of Informatic Sciences (UCI) http://www.uci.cu
Nova Light Development Team http://www.nova.cu

Kuzma Shapran

May 18, 2013, 6:15:56 PM5/18/13
to razo...@googlegroups.com, lxde-list
This is a known bug:
https://github.com/Razor-qt/razor-qt/issues/531

The bug appears only with some window managers. Which one do you use?

Alexis Lopez Zubieta

May 24, 2013, 9:50:57 PM5/24/13
to Kuzma Shapran, lxde-list, razo...@googlegroups.com
OpenBox

... no se ve bien sino con el corazón, lo esencial es invisible a los ojos ...