Re: Firmware 1.8 Available

Joe Chiarelli

Sep 17, 2012, 10:59:39 AM9/17/12
to rays...@googlegroups.com, rays...@googlegroups.com
Will the RTC clock fit on the 1.3u board?

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:43:00 AM UTC-4, Rayshobby wrote:
I am glad to announce that I've just finished the development of OpenSprinkler Firmware 1.8, and it's now available for download in GitHub.

* Note 1: due to the size of this firmware, if you own OpenSprinkler hardware v1.0 or v1.1, you can no longer upload through FTDI. Instead, you need an ISP programmer. An inexpensive USBtiny ISP programmer (based on an undocumented OpenSprinkler v1.2) is available at Rayshobby Shop: http://rayshobby.net/?page_id=562#acc

* Note 2: Firmware 1.8 support DS1307 RTC. If your OpenSprinkler does not have built-in RTC (currently only hardware v1.4 has built-in RTC), you can purchase an external RTC module as an add-on. We have one (with built-in rechargeable battery) available at Rayshobby Shop: http://rayshobby.net/?page_id=562#acc. Note that Firmware 1.8 can detect RTC automatically and can function with or without RTC.

* Note 3: If you need to re-compile and modify the source code, currently the firmware only builds on Linux with avr-gcc 4.5.3. Because Windows and Mac have no up-to-date avr-gcc available, compiling the code in Windows or Mac will produce a binary that's too big to fit in ATmega328. Please check the compilation instructions for details: http://rayshobby.net/?page_id=732#compile

Let me know any comments or suggestions you may have. Thanks!

-Ray

Adrian Garbacea

Sep 22, 2012, 1:30:35 AM9/22/12
Hello Ray,

Can you advice how to connect an USBasp programmer to the Opensprinkler hardware 1.1 ?