How to compile FW 1.8 on Windows

已查看 87 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Ray Ramirez

未读,
2012年9月17日 12:48:542012/9/17
收件人 rays...@googlegroups.com
All credit goes to the very informative blog post below. The information provided is just distilled for our OpenSprinkler IDE requirements.
http://www.open-electronics.org/arduino-full-memory-upgrade-to-the-last-atmel-toolchain-version/

1. Download and install the 0023 build of the Arduino IDE. This dedicated IDE can coexist alongside your 1.0.1 installation (in a different directory) if needed. As Ray has mentioned many times, the older Arduino core produces smaller compiled binaries.
http://arduino.googlecode.com/files/arduino-0023.zip

2. Download and install the updated Atmel “Toolchain”. If you try to find it yourself, its important not to use the newest version. It contains a version of avr-gcc that will not work with the Arduino IDE. You’ll want version 3.3.1 of the toolchain. When running through the installer, it asks if you would like both the 8bit and 32bit. Uncheck the 32bit option as we will not need it.
http://www.atmel.com/Images/avr-toolchain-installer-3.3.1.1020-win32.win32.x86.exe

3. In your Arduino 0023 directory (I named mine C:\arduino-0023-AtmelTC), navigate to <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\

4. Rename the ‘avr’ directory to avr.old

5. Copy the ‘AVR Toolchain’ directory from <program_files>\atmel\AVR tools\ to <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\

6. Rename ‘AVR Toolchain’ to avr

7. Copy <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\avr.old\bin\avrdude.exe to <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\avr\bin\   (overwrite the existing binary)

8. Copy the ‘etc’ directory from <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\avr.old\ to <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\avr\

9. Delete the ‘include’ directory from <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\avr\avr\

10. Download the modified include directory. Decompress it and copy it to  <arduino_dir>\hardware\tools\avr\avr\
http://www.open-electronics.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/include.rar

11. Download OpenSprinkler 1.8 from Ray GitHub and copy the library to <arduino_dir>\libraries\
https://github.com/rayshobby/opensprinkler

12. Open the modified Arduino IDE, make your edits (if needed), compile.

Joe Chiarelli

未读,
2012年9月21日 15:13:272012/9/21
收件人 rays...@googlegroups.com
Wonder if the Mac OS toolchain http://www.obdev.at/products/crosspack/index-de.html will work with a similar procedure.

It has the following:

Version 2012-02-17

  • Based on gcc version 4.5.1 and patches obtained from FreeBSD's ports section.
  • Dropped support for Mac OS X 10.5 and older.
  • Dropped support for avr-gcc version 3. If you need avr-gcc version 3, please download CrosssPack-AVR version 2010-01-15
  • Package versions:
    • avarice: 2.12
    • avr-libc: 1.8.0
    • avrdude: 5.11.1