Can you guys make complete all in one installer

Madhu Magar

Aug 1, 2012, 8:20:26 AM8/1/12
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Guys

I love ruby but while while installing ror i found trouble . If you see django you don't have any trouble can you guys make rails like that because while i install ror using railsinstaller i got error at while starting the server.

This is only my opinion Because I love Ruby

Thanks

Michał Papis

Aug 1, 2012, 7:55:10 PM8/1/12
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
I was playing with django for a while some time ago and it required a lot of reading, nothing worked as i expected ... maybe it was because I was coming from rails world.

But still if you find any issues please report them one by one and we will do our best to improve the installers.

Cheers,
Michal

Madhu Magar

Aug 1, 2012, 11:40:40 PM8/1/12
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michal Papis

Today i fixed it and start running my ror in windows7 machine. For running it i have to install jquery-rails and sass-rails. I my point of view it is better to include all the dependencies in the railsinstaller so that new comers to the rails will have no hassle to fetch the extra gems and install it if they install it offline.

Any way railsinstaller is a amazing product.

Thankyou
Madhu Rakhal Magar

Michał Papis

Aug 2, 2012, 10:20:43 AM8/2/12
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
Madhu thank you for the report, I have created a ticket for new version of the railsinstaller for windows.