After installing the RailsInstaller "dos" window popup?

Tom Hayes

Apr 16, 2012, 2:04:09 PM4/16/12
to RailsInstaller
Newbe question(s), I searched the folder and not really sure what to
have searched for?

How do I get this "dos" window back up/open after the installation is
complete? i.e. trying to redo the demo session?

Also, after installation (first time) and answering the user.name and
user.email scripting, how can I change these values? When I re-run the
installation, it retains the inputted values and goes the dos prompt.
How could I force the script to allow me to re-enter these values?

Thanks!
Tom

Alex Chaffee

Apr 16, 2012, 2:23:34 PM4/16/12
to railsin...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Tom Hayes <boatb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Newbe question(s), I searched the folder and not really sure what to
> have searched for?
>
> How do I get this "dos" window back up/open after the installation is
> complete?  i.e. trying to redo the demo session?

That goes by the awkward name "Command Prompt with Ruby And Rails" and
is found inside Start > Railsinstaller.

See screenshot at http://installfest.railsbridge.org/installfest/windows

> Also, after installation (first time) and answering the user.name and
> user.email scripting, how can I change these values? When I re-run the
> installation, it retains the inputted values and goes the dos prompt.
> How could I force the script to allow me to re-enter these values?

Those are global git settings.

git config --global user.name "Your Actual Name"
git config --global user.email "Your Actual Email"

Again, for more help see

http://installfest.railsbridge.org/installfest/configure_git

--
Alex Chaffee - al...@stinky.com