Does anybody use New Relic with Trinidad?

Saulius Grigaitis

Jan 11, 2012, 12:33:30 PM1/11/12
to Rails Trinidad
Hello,

I enabled New Relic in our app, but it doesn't send any information to
New Relic. Logs show nothing about New Relic. I googled a bit and
seems New Relic should work with JRuby... Does anybody use it with
Trinidad? Any success? Or maybe there is some better way to monitor
Rails app on Trinidad server?

Thanks,
Saulius

Karl Baum

Jan 11, 2012, 12:37:34 PM1/11/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
I have successfully used it in the past with jruby and trinidad. Been about a year though.

> --
> Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "Rails Trinidad" de Grupos de Google.
> Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com.
> Para anular tu suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com
> Para tener acceso a más opciones, visita el grupo en http://groups.google.com/group/rails-trinidad?hl=es.

Jason Bucki

Jan 11, 2012, 12:38:52 PM1/11/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
I've run into the same issue with Trinidad and New Relic. After spending a while trying to figure out the problem myself I contacted New Relic and they are aware of issues with their client library and Trinidad. Sounds like it is pretty hit-or-miss and they don't seem to know the root cause of the incompatibility. I'll be spending some time working with them to get this resolved later this week. Will keep you updated on the progress. Please reply back to this thread if you end up getting the issue resolved as it will surely save me some time later this week.

- Jason Bucki

> --
> Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "Rails Trinidad" de Grupos de Google.

> Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com (mailto:rails-t...@googlegroups.com).
> Para anular tu suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com (mailto:rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com)

David Calavera

Jan 11, 2012, 1:19:10 PM1/11/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
I wasn't aware of any issues with New Relic. Jason, please if you need any help just let me know.

Cheers

Para publicar una entrada en este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-t...@googlegroups.com.

Para anular tu suscripción a este grupo, envía un correo electrónico a rails-trinida...@googlegroups.com

John D. Hume

Jan 13, 2012, 8:43:19 AM1/13/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Saulius Grigaitis <rev...@gmail.com>
wrote:> Hello,>> I enabled New Relic in our app, but it doesn't send
We use NewRelic with Trinidad. As the engineer who implemented it recalls, ...

<quote>
I think all I did was create an initializer with the following 2 lines
(rewrelic.rb):

require 'newrelic_rpm'
NewRelic::Agent.manual_start({:dispatcher => :trinidad, :agent_enabled => true})

and the following in our gemfile:

gem 'newrelic_rpm', '3.3.0', :require => false
</quote>

Hope this helps.
-hume.

--
http://elhumidor.blogspot.com/
http://www.intentmedia.com/jobs

Saulius

Jan 13, 2012, 12:39:55 PM1/13/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it works!

Thanks,
Saulius

Nick Sieger

Jan 13, 2012, 1:02:02 PM1/13/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I have this too.

https://github.com/nicksieger/redmine/blob/master/config/initializers/newrelic.rb

Is one of you following up with NewRelic to make sure this gets
resolved? If you could include me on that conversation, that would be
super.

Thanks,
/Nick

Jason Bucki

Jan 18, 2012, 10:47:44 AM1/18/12
to rails-t...@googlegroups.com
Worked perfectly for me as well. I'll update NewRelic on my findings since I have a support ticket open with them already.

Nick, I will see if they can add you to the support ticket as well. Thanks for the help everyone!

- Jason