Railo/CommandBox: SHA1 digest error for javax/mail/MessagingException.class

Chris Geir***

Nov 12, 2014, 12:08:08 PM11/12/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I've installed Railo using CommandBox on my Mac running OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks). In testing my CFWheels application, I came across this error...

Error Output
Railo 4.2.1.008 Error (java.lang.SecurityException)
Message SHA1 digest error for javax/mail/internet/AddressException.class
Cause java.lang.SecurityException

Since it seems to have something to do with mail, I figured I needed to configure the mail server within Railo. After searching around, I found plenty of evidence to support this, but I've not been able to configure the mail server for some odd reason. Here's my error response every time from within Railo Admin...

Error Output: (see screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/qilfypstfQws)
Verification of mail server [smtp.gmail.com] failed:
SHA1 digest error for javax/mail/MessagingException.class

I've literally tried every possible configuration...

* Port: 587, w/TLS only
* Port: 587, with both TLS and SSL
* Port: 587, w/SSL only
* Port: 465, w/SSL only
* Port: 465, with both TLS and SSL
* Port: 465, w/SSL only

I've verified that the username and password are accurate (note: the screenshot intentionally masks the username with asterisks, but I'm using the actual and correct username in the configuration).

I did find a couple potentially useful references, but I'm not yet sure how to interpret them into actionable steps...

http://www.getrailo.org/javadoc-4-0/index.html?railo/runtime/net/mail/EmailNamePair.html
Says toInternetAddress method will throw the javax.mail.internet.AddressException exception, which is what I'm seeing, but not sure how to make use of the info.

https://community.oracle.com/thread/1590410?start=0
indicates that "Either your mail.jar file is corrupted, or possibly you have two versions of the
javax.mail.* classes in your class path."

I've checked my $CLASSPATH with the $ echo $CLASSPATH command in terminal and nothing was printed, so I'm assuming my classpath is empty, leaving only the possibility that my mail.jar is corrupted somehow? Seems unlikely, but I may need to try to figure that out just to eliminate the possibility.

Any assistance/pointers welcome. I'm fairly stuck on this one.

More info here in the CFWheels group:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cfwheels/CVECjiM-Xdc