Railo Memory Monitor Plugin

Michael Offner

Feb 20, 2012, 1:52:13 PM2/20/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
The Beta Version of the "Railo Memory Monitor" Plugin is now finally available in the Server Admin Extension Section.

Have fun
/micha

Randy Merrill

Feb 20, 2012, 2:06:00 PM2/20/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hey Micha,

I just installed it locally, pretty cool.

A note for others testing it out. When it says to restart railo after installing it doesn't work to just restart the railo from the server admin, you need to restart the entire container.
--
Randy Merrill

Michael Offner

Feb 20, 2012, 2:21:13 PM2/20/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
yes the text is wrong, we will update this for next release and do a proper error message for this case.

/micha

Meikel

Feb 21, 2012, 2:53:10 AM2/21/12
to Railo
Hi all,
I restarted the server after installing memory manager.
If I click on monitor -> memory the following error appears:

Message
key [TIME5M] doesn't exist in struct
(keys:__POSITION,btnUpdate,TEXT,TITLE,__GROUP)

Stacktrace
The Error Occurred in
C:\Railo\lib\railo-server\context\context\admin\plugin\MonitorMemory
\Action.cfc: line 37

35: <!--- all timeranges --->
36: <cfset req.ranges=query(
37: label:
[lang.time5m,lang.time15m,lang.time30m,lang.time1h,lang.time2h,lang.time4h,lang.time12h,lang.time1d,lang.time2d,lang.time3d,lang.time4d,lang.time5d,lang.time6d,lang.time7d],
38: value:
[5,15,30,60,120,240,720,1440,2880,4320,5760,7200,8640,10080]
39: )>

called fromD:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WEB-INF\railo\context\admin\plugin
\Plugin.cfc: line 60
called from/Users/mic/Projects/Railo/Source2/railo/railo-cfml/railo-
admin/admin/plugin.cfm: line 50
called from/Users/mic/Projects/Railo/Source2/railo/railo-cfml/railo-
admin/admin/web.cfm: line 331
called from/Users/mic/Projects/Railo/Source2/railo/railo-cfml/railo-
admin/admin/server.cfm: line 2

Any ideas?

Thank you

Michael

On Feb 20, 8:21 pm, Michael Offner <mich...@getrailo.com> wrote:
> yes the text is wrong, we will update this for next release and do a proper
> error message for this case.
>
> /micha

AJ Mercer

Feb 21, 2012, 2:56:57 AM2/21/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
What version of Railo did you install it on.

I would not be surprised if you needed the latest dev version - but could be wrong.

Rob Langlands

Feb 21, 2012, 3:04:12 AM2/21/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I got that exact error with my Railo Express 3.2 version. I upgraded to
Railo Express 3.3.1 and it works fine. Also works fine on production
install too.

Rob L

Meikel

Feb 21, 2012, 3:09:33 AM2/21/12
to Railo
Hi all,
I tested it on Version Railo 3.3.2.002 final.

Michael

On Feb 21, 9:04 am, Rob Langlands <rob...@spring3d.com> wrote:
> I got that exact error with my Railo Express 3.2 version. I upgraded to
> Railo Express 3.3.1 and it works fine. Also works fine on production
> install too.
>
> Rob L
>
> On 12-02-21 2:53 AM, Meikel wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> > I restarted the server after installing memory manager.
> > If I click on monitor ->  memory the following error appears:
>
> > Message
> > key [TIME5M] doesn't exist in struct
> > (keys:__POSITION,btnUpdate,TEXT,TITLE,__GROUP)
>
> > Stacktrace
> > The Error Occurred in
> > C:\Railo\lib\railo-server\context\context\admin\plugin\MonitorMemory
> > \Action.cfc: line 37
>
> >      35:<!--- all timeranges --->
> >      36:<cfset req.ranges=query(
> >      37: label:
> > [lang.time5m,lang.time15m,lang.time30m,lang.time1h,lang.time2h,lang.time4h, lang.time12h,lang.time1d,lang.time2d,lang.time3d,lang.time4d,lang.time5d,la ng.time6d,lang.time7d],

Peter Amiri

Feb 21, 2012, 2:15:58 PM2/21/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I have this running on a couple servers as well. Micha is there any information on how to interpret the graphs. How do we make the information actionable?

--
Peter Amiri
Founder | Alurium Cloud Computing

Michael Offner

Feb 22, 2012, 4:12:36 AM2/22/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
@all
We have improved the installer for the extension.
- the installer now checks for the right Railo Version (Railo>=3.3.1.000)
- we have a better installation confirmation text "The Memory Monitor App is now successful installed, you need to restart the Servlet Container (not only Railo) before you can use the App."
- you get a better error message when you only have restarted Railo and not the Servlet Container "You need to restart the Servlet Container (not only Railo) before you can use the App."

We also try to improve the app in general that in a upcoming release a restart after the installation no longer is necessary

@peter
what you exactly mean? can you give me a example?

/micha

Peter Amiri

Feb 22, 2012, 9:00:10 AM2/22/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Micha,

This is running on one of our problematic shared hosting servers. Since it's a shared environment I don't really have the option of optimizing the code. This server will run for about 7-10 days without crashing. I'd like to know based on the graphs how can we better optimize the jvm on this server. This is a apache/resin/railo install with the following jvm arguments:
        <jvm-arg>-Xms1024m</jvm-arg>
        <jvm-arg>-Xmx2048m</jvm-arg>
        <jvm-arg>-Xss1m</jvm-arg>
        <jvm-arg>-Xdebug</jvm-arg>
        <jvm-arg>-XX:MaxPermSize=512m</jvm-arg>
        <jvm-arg>-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC</jvm-arg>
        <jvm-arg>-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled</jvm-arg>
        <jvm-arg>-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote</jvm-arg>

--
Peter Amiri
Founder | Alurium Cloud Computing
949-338-3862pe...@alurium.com | http://www.alurium.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/peteramiri | IM bpamiri (AIM/MSN/Y!/GTLK/SKYPE)

Michael Offner

Feb 22, 2012, 3:32:25 PM2/22/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
send a graph to the list. then we will perhaps see a pattern.

The "Memory Monitor" ist just the first peace of the puzzle, there will following more:
- Scopes Monitor:  shows how many objects are in all scopes over all contextes.
- Request Log Monitor: shows a request history that can be filtered by (app/query) execution time.
- Running Requests Monitor: you see all request currently running, you can get detailed information about this request and stop them
... and more

/micha

2012/2/22 Peter Amiri <bpa...@gmail.com>
PastedGraphic-1.tiff
PastedGraphic-2.tiff

Michael Offner

Feb 22, 2012, 3:37:10 PM2/22/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
sorry i have not seen your attachments before, this graph looks fine to me, perhaps we need a graph for a longer period, not just a hour, you can change above up to a week. of course the data are logged beginning with the installation of the extension.

/micha

2012/2/22 Michael Offner <mic...@getrailo.com>
PastedGraphic-1.tiff
PastedGraphic-2.tiff

GB

Feb 22, 2012, 6:13:38 PM2/22/12
to Railo
+1 for Scopes Monitor. I would be very interested to see that.

This is great work.

Peter Amiri

Feb 22, 2012, 6:49:01 PM2/22/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
It's only been running for a day or so, so I'll have to keep an eye on it. These graphs show the daily values.

--

On Feb 22, 2012, at 3:37 PM, Michael Offner wrote:

[...]

<PastedGraphic-1.tiff>
<PastedGraphic-2.tiff>

Michael Offner

Feb 23, 2012, 3:54:13 AM2/23/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
looks fine to me so far

/micha

2012/2/23 Peter Amiri <bpa...@gmail.com>
PastedGraphic-3.tiff
PastedGraphic-4.tiff

Peter Amiri

Feb 23, 2012, 9:12:42 AM2/23/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Ya, that is my problem, it looks fine to me as well but I still had Railo stop processing requests and start throwing 503 errors on this server yesterday. The graphs don't give any clues as to what this is happening. We'll have to keep digging...

--

On Feb 23, 2012, at 3:54 AM, Michael Offner wrote:

looks fine to me so far

/micha

2012/2/23 Peter Amiri <bpa...@gmail.com>
It's only been running for a day or so, so I'll have to keep an eye on it. These graphs show the daily values.

<PastedGraphic-3.tiff>
<PastedGraphic-4.tiff>

Michael Offner

Feb 23, 2012, 9:15:54 AM2/23/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
perhaps it had nothing to do with the memory.

Peter Amiri

Feb 23, 2012, 10:22:13 AM2/23/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
I just updated the Java SDK on the server. Will see if that helps with the situation.

--
Peter Amiri
Founder | Alurium Cloud Computing
949-338-3862pe...@alurium.com | http://www.alurium.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/peteramiri | IM bpamiri (AIM/MSN/Y!/GTLK/SKYPE)

Ronan Lucio

Feb 24, 2012, 7:11:37 AM2/24/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!!

Meikel

Apr 19, 2012, 9:29:50 AM4/19/12
to Railo
Just for information:
After updating to Railo 3.3.2.005 final it is working.
Thank you for the nice tool!!!

Michael

On 21 Feb., 10:09, Meikel <michael.vornkahl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I tested it on Version  Railo 3.3.2.002 final.
>
> Michael
>
> On Feb 21, 9:04 am, Rob Langlands <rob...@spring3d.com> wrote:
>

> > I got that exact error with my Railo Express 3.2 version. I upgraded to
> > Railo Express 3.3.1 and it works fine. Also works fine on production
> > install too.
>
> > Rob L
>
> > On 12-02-21 2:53 AM, Meikel wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
> > > I restarted the server after installingmemorymanager.
> > > If I click on monitor ->  memorythe following error appears:

Michael Offner

Oct 29, 2012, 4:57:14 AM10/29/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
yes a new version will follow soon, of both the scope and the memory plugin.

/micha

2012/10/28 Ken <kre...@gmail.com>
The current (beta) version of the plugin has expired (although it's still available for attempted installation via the extension provider). Are there any plans to update it further? Is there perhaps a place where it can be contributed to?

  - K

--
/micha

Michael Offner CTO Railo Technologies GmbH

Rory

Dec 29, 2012, 12:00:57 PM12/29/12
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

The extension is expired again 12/01/2012. Are you planning on releasing an update to the Beta or the paid version (we are willing to buy it but yet unavailable)? This is a very useful plugin.

Thanks,

Rory

Michael Offner

Dec 30, 2012, 4:05:27 AM12/30/12