Jeremy Corbyn and Noam Chomsky win peace prize amid media silence

Selected by Rael

Dec 13, 2017, 5:26:03 AM12/13/17
to rael-s...@googlegroups.com

The Raelian Movement
for those who are not afraid of the future : http://www.rael.org

Get Rael-Science on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/raelscience

Jeremy Corbyn and Noam Chomsky win peace prize amid media silence

Jeremy Corbyn and Noam Chomsky win peace prize amid media silence
Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn speaks during a United Nations panel in Geneva, Switzerland © Pierre Albouy / Reuters
35.1K360
UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has been awarded the Sean MacBride Peace Prize along with Noam Chomsky and Japanese anti-military base activists, yet the award received scant coverage in the British media.

The International Peace Bureau presents the Sean MacBride Peace Prize to individuals, organizations or movements for their work in the areas of peace, disarmament and human rights.

Corbyn, along with renowned scholar Noam Chomsky and the All Okinawa Council Against Henoko New Base, were deemed this year’s recipients. Corbyn received his award in Geneva  Friday.

The Labour leader was recognized for his “sustained and powerful political work for disarmament and peace.” His longtime work with the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in the UK and the Stop the War Campaign was commended, as was his efforts for peace as a politician.

Interesting to note IPB's award of MacBride Peace Prize to Jeremy Corbyn "for his sustained and powerful political work for disarmament and peace" not widely reported in UK. Perhaps inconvenient for national party politics? http://www.ipb.org/events/macbride-peace-prize-to-jeremy-corbyn/