wget rtl8188etv driver

homme...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2014, 4:06:21 PM10/11/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have the new Radxa Rock LITE board and can not get the wifi to work.
Where can i wget the rtl8188etv wifi driver.
I am not familiar with gidhub workings.
Regards HansH.

homme...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014, 8:38:31 AM10/22/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com, homme...@gmail.com
up,
Please any solution for wifi on ubuntu rock lite?

Tom Cubie

Oct 22, 2014, 9:08:11 AM10/22/14
to homme...@gmail.com, ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Hommes

There is no wgetable driver but you can build it from source code. Or
you can replace the kernel with the driver built-in.

Power off your rock lite and put the uSD card to pc.

and download this http://dl.radxa.com/users/tom/boot-14-10-22.img.

and run

sudo dd if=boot-14-10-22.img of=/dev/sdx seek=$((0x2000+0xa000) conv=sync,fsync

The kernel if build from this:
https://github.com/linux-rockchip/kernel_rockchip/tree/radxa/stable-3.0

The rtl8188etv driver is at this commit:
https://github.com/linux-rockchip/kernel_rockchip/commit/1dbbe62520eaee2fb37808acd71bc4cb5f2fb9cd

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM, <homme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> up,
> Please any solution for wifi on ubuntu rock lite?
>
> --

radxa rock - quad core arm computer that rocks

radxa.com

Tom Cubie

Oct 26, 2014, 5:37:01 AM10/26/14
to homme...@gmail.com, ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Hans

I just build the wifi driver as module today. You also need the
firmware to get the wifi working:

Run the following with root user on the board:

mkdir -p /lib/firmware/rtlwifi && cd /lib/firmware/rtlwifi
wget http://www.lwfinger.com/download/rtl8188eufw.bin
cd ~
wget http://dl.radxa.com/users/tom/8188eu.ko
insmod 8188eu.ko
ifconfig -a

you should see wlan0 now.

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 8:38 PM, <homme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> up,
> Please any solution for wifi on ubuntu rock lite?

homme...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2014, 3:05:21 PM10/27/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com, homme...@gmail.com, t...@radxa.com
From Tom Cubie

>Run the following with root user on the board:

>mkdir -p /lib/firmware/rtlwifi && cd /lib/firmware/rtlwifi
>wget http://www.lwfinger.com/download/rtl8188eufw.bin
>cd ~
>wget http://dl.radxa.com/users/tom/8188eu.ko
>insmod 8188eu.ko
>ifconfig -a
>you should see wlan0 now.

1 - Yes for a short moment, then it becomes wlan1
2 - After reboot wlan is gone and insmod 8188eu.ko must be done again.

From Adrian ... vk4tux

>The best thing to do is install wicd (apt-get) ,
>which should detect the lite wifi and provide an easy setup.

apt-get install wicd
Nice tool added in start > Internet.
Networks visible but connection will not establish.
Depending on encryption:
- WPA: Connection failed Bad password
or
- No: Not getting a ip address or just finish No connection.

homme...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 4:53:24 PM11/5/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com, homme...@gmail.com, t...@radxa.com
Op maandag 27 oktober 2014 20:05:21 UTC+1 schreef homme...@gmail.com:

Still not working.
This hardware is shit.

Tom Cubie

Nov 5, 2014, 10:50:25 PM11/5/14
to Hans Hommes, ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Hans

The easy way is to download the latest image and everything will be working.

http://dl.radxa.com/rock_lite/images/linux/radxa_rock_pro_lite_ubuntu_14.04_server_141030_sdcard.zip

I just edit the image download page, it's easier to find the images now:

http://radxa.com/Rock/prebuilt_images

Jeremy Darling

Nov 6, 2014, 12:06:36 AM11/6/14
to Tom Cubie, Hans Hommes, ra...@googlegroups.com
Wrong link Tom.  For the Pro Server on SD it should be http://dl.radxa.com/rock_pro/images/ubuntu/sd/radxa_rock_pro_lite_ubuntu_14.04_server_141030_sdcard.zip

Now, update the original Radxa SD Server to 14.04 please ;)

Tom Cubie

Nov 6, 2014, 12:22:32 AM11/6/14
to Jeremy Darling, Hans Hommes, ra...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Jeremy Darling <jeremy....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wrong link Tom. For the Pro Server on SD it should be
> http://dl.radxa.com/rock_pro/images/ubuntu/sd/radxa_rock_pro_lite_ubuntu_14.04_server_141030_sdcard.zip

I think Has has rock lite. Anyway, the link you send and i send are
actually the same file. It's just a symbol link to the other. We can
use the same Linux image for rock lite and pro.

> Now, update the original Radxa SD Server to 14.04 please ;)

Sure. We need to fill the empty table of here:

http://radxa.com/Rock/prebuilt_images
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/radxa/CAAhs7Eju2paxu%2BYQfyk2gOfw_a64-6p-%3DSAGHHT2fr5te6%2BTew%40mail.gmail.com.

Jeremy Darling

Nov 6, 2014, 9:42:20 AM11/6/14
to Tom Cubie, Hans Hommes, ra...@googlegroups.com
Just poking fun at ya Tom.  The Pro images work on the older hardware too, just no Video or Wifi.  For a headless hardwired device off in the corner works great :)