Re: [radiovis-developers] Radio Tag

Nicholas Humfrey

Feb 17, 2017, 1:52:15 PM2/17/17
to radiotag-...@googlegroups.com, radiovis-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I’m afraid the BBC doesn’t currently offer any RadioTag services.

The examples in the specification, are just that, examples.

It is best to use RadioDNS to discover available services (looking up _radiotag._tcp).
Others on the list might be able to say who currently offers a RadioTag service.

Nicholas Humfrey

From: <radiovis-...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Furhad Jidda <furha...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 17 February 2017 at 17:15
To: RadioVIS developers <radiovis-...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [radiovis-developers] Radio Tag

Hello ,
    I am trying to do the radio tagging feature and i am trying to follow the example given in the documentation.

Request:
POST /radiodns/tag/1/tag HTTP/1.1?
Host: radiotag.bbc.co.uk?
?
bearer=dab%3Ace1.ce15.c224.0&time=1312301004&time_source=broadcast

Expected Response:
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized?
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 16:03:24 GMT?
WWW-Authenticate: CPA version="1.0" name="BBC AP" uri="https://ap.bbc.co.uk" modes="client"?
?
Must request client token

My response:
Could not resolve host: radiotag.bbc.co.uk

I did a similar thing with tag.musicradio.com (Got this one from the testing tools)
and got the result Failed to connect to tag.musicradio.com port 80: No route to host

Can anyone guide me on this ? Am I missing something here ?

Thanks,
Furhad J.

Furhad Jidda

Feb 17, 2017, 3:26:52 PM2/17/17
to RadioVIS developers, radiotag-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nic,
    your are correct . But I think Capital FM does(confirmed this with testing tools in the developer section). I tried with something like below and I do not get response for the POST.

Either i get  connect to tag.musicradio.com port 80: Connection timed out
or Failed to connect to tag.musicradio.com port 80: No route to host

POST /radiodns/tag/1/tag HTTP/1.1

Thanks,
Furhad J.

Andy Buckingham

Feb 18, 2017, 8:16:01 AM2/18/17
to RadioVIS Developers
Bumping this thread over to RadioTAG Developers, all further replies
should be directed only to that list.

Thanks.