XSLT Transform (XSI to SI and SI to XSI)

Andy Buckingham

Aug 25, 2017, 12:58:24 PM8/25/17
to RadioEPG Developers
Hello,

You may remember a while ago Ben Poor and I put together a very basic pair of XSLTs to transform from the legacy XSI to the newer SI format and back again.

It was felt this may be a useful tool for both legacy codebases to be quickly adapted to work with the new format and to simplify legacy support for XSI in newer codebases.

After sitting dormant for a couple of years I’ve picked them up and completely re-written both with some revised goals.

Primarily there was a goal to not totally enforce a new format as part of the transform. That is, to allow extensions to remain in place as a document is transformed so they can be used moving forward sure the specs evolve further. This means the XSLT will only transform elements and attributes explicitly defined in the spec as having an A and B format between the two specs.

I’ve pushed this new work in a branch on GitHub and opened an issue to cover this task, along with the additional goals that were attempted. I’d like to get a few more eyes on the new XSLTs if possible before I close the issue and merge the 2.0 branch to master.

https://github.com/radiodns/spi-transform/issues/6

Also during this work it was identified that the XSI to SI transform allows the legacy FM bearer format of `fm:<iso country code>` to be transformed even though it’s no longer valid in an SI.

There are some issues in preventing this in the XSLT and a proposed “hacky” fix to try and improve the situation, both of which I’d appreciate eyes on. It has it’s own issue with more details:

https://github.com/radiodns/spi-transform/issues/9

Many thanks,

Andy.

Nick Piggott (RadioDNS)

Aug 27, 2017, 9:27:07 AM8/27/17
to RadioEPG Developers
Hello,

I've just added a comment to his issue, to say I think it's an even better idea than Andy has suggested, and support his approach.

Nick

Nick Piggott
Project Director
RadioDNS

RadioDNS Limited is a not-for-profit company owned by its members, and registered in England and Wales with number 08818015. The registered office is 96a Curtain Road, LONDON, EC2A 3AA.