RadioDNS - ETSI Standardisation

Nick Piggott

May 15, 2014, 1:26:11 PM5/15/14
to radiodns...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This is a short message to tell you about an important development at RadioDNS.

RadioDNS exists to promote hybrid radio, and to create open technical standards that make hybrid radio possible and interoperable worldwide.

We have already created three technical standards (RadioDNS, RadioVIS and RadioEPG) which have been widely adopted and are in use by major broadcasters and manufacturers. However, for some manufacturers (particularly in the automotive sector), recognition by an established standards body provides the independent confirmation that our standards are stable, reliable and have longevity.

I am pleased to tell you that ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) have invited us to standardise our technology with them, and that we expect those standards to be accepted and published shortly. The final drafts of the documents are being circulated in our technical discussion groups (http://radiodns.org/discussions) if you'd like to see the detail of them. Once published, RadioDNS will be established alongside other major technologies such as DAB Digital Radio, GSM mobile telephony, and DVB digital television.

This is an important recognition of the progress that we're making as an organisation, and that hybrid radio is making as a technical solution for radio globally.

If you've got any questions, please do contact with me or Caroline (our Project Co-ordinator).

Best regards,

Nick Piggott
Chair
RadioDNS

Nick Piggott

Dec 17, 2014, 12:43:58 PM12/17/14
to radiodns...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

This is a short message to update you on progress with adoption of our standards by ETSI.

We were notified on Monday (15 DEC 2014) that ETSI have put our standards into their approvals process. Subject to acceptance, the new specifications will be published during the course of January 2015, and we will update the documents on our website accordingly.

We encourage *all* implementors to use the new specifications as soon as possible, as it is not our intention to provide long-term support for the prior versions.