‘beginners get the *impression* Racket is slow’

Stephen De Gabrielle

Apr 22, 2020, 6:41:56 AM4/22/20
to Racket Users
What I took away from the discussion is beginners get the *impression* Racket is slow due to some design decisions a in DrRacket:
•  Debugging is on by default (hidden in #lang dialog under ‘advanced’)
• The Run button includes debugging (unlike other IDE’s)
• The Debug button steps through the code- but does it turn on debugging and profiling if they are turned off? (I don’t think so but I’m not sure)

I’m not suggesting the design decisions are wrong - but I’m interested in working on DrRacket code to try improve the experience for all users.

Kind regards
Stephen

--
----