raco docs error on macOS 10.12.5

Vitaliy Vlasov

May 22, 2017, 9:24:58 AM5/22/17
to Racket Users
Hi all,

running `raco docs` in the terminal on macOS 10.12.5 gives this:

➜ c raco docs
0:65: execution error: "file:///Applications/Racket%20v6.9/doc/index.html" doesn’t understand the “open location” message. (-1708)
browser-run: process execute failed: '(#<path:/usr/bin/osascript> "-e" "open location \"file:///Applications/Racket%20v6.9/doc/index.html\"")

I've installed Racket through Homebrew Cask formula. Can someone please point me to the cause of the problem? Is something wrong with my installation?

Thanks!

Vincent St-Amour

May 22, 2017, 12:41:11 PM5/22/17
to Vitaliy Vlasov, Racket Users
Hi Vitaliy,

I believe this should be fixed now, but the fix was not in 6.9, hence
the error you're seeing.

If you want to try it, you can get a nightly build at pre.racket-lang.org

6.10 is due in July, and will include the fix.

Thanks for the report, and please do let us know if the problem persists
on the nightly build.

Vincent

Vitaliy Vlasov

May 22, 2017, 4:13:15 PM5/22/17
to Racket Users, siph...@gmail.com, stam...@eecs.northwestern.edu
Thank you for quick response! I will check the nightly.

Vitaliy.