RacketCon: These 8 INSANE talks about Racket will change your life! I can't believe #7! --- (ninth RacketCon) on July 13th, 2019 --- Speakers Announced!

Jay McCarthy

Apr 25, 2019, 4:06:41 PM4/25/19
to Racket Users, Racket Developers
(ninth RacketCon) on July 13th, 2019

Speakers Announced!

https://con.racket-lang.org/

Sign up for RacketCon!

See you in Salt Lake City!

--
Jay McCarthy
Associate Professor @ CS @ UMass Lowell
http://jeapostrophe.github.io
Vincit qui se vincit.

Sanjeev Sharma

Apr 29, 2019, 2:13:07 PM4/29/19
to Racket Users
I believe "you won't believe ..." tests out better (higher click through)  in scientific advertising circles than "I can't believe ..." .

jo...@protonmail.com

Apr 29, 2019, 2:56:04 PM4/29/19
to Racket Users
The schedule covers one day, I assume this is the Saturday? What is the Sunday schedule?

Already bought ticket, trying to assemble enough info to book flights with confidence at great low prices!

Jay McCarthy

Apr 29, 2019, 8:04:09 PM4/29/19
to Joel Dueck, Racket Users
You are correct that this is the Saturday schedule.

I'll be announcing the Sunday schedule later, but to give you and
careful readers of the mailing list a preview... we'll have a "state
of the Racket" presentation from Matthew, we'll do concurrent #lang
and game jams, with a little bit of a tutorial for the game side. I'm
also considering organizing a data science hackthon for things like a
table library, an AWS Lambda runtime, and a few other tools.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
Associate Professor @ CS @ UMass Lowell
http://jeapostrophe.github.io
Vincit qui se vincit.

calmi...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2019, 9:30:53 PM4/29/19
to Racket Users
For Racket School is there any information yet about scoring a dorm room? Or if preferred any conference rates at any near by hotels during Racket School or Racket Con?

Matthias Felleisen

Apr 29, 2019, 9:32:13 PM4/29/19
to calmi...@gmail.com, Racket Users

Yes, Jay is about to send it out to people who signed up and/or asked for financial help. — Matthias

Geoffrey Knauth

May 16, 2019, 12:29:05 PM5/16/19
to Racket Users
On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 8:04:09 PM UTC-4, Jay McCarthy wrote:
[Sunday] ... an AWS Lambda runtime, and a few other tools.

Excited to hear about this, as it could be a good way to sneak low cost / high performance Racket code into some of our data pipelines at work.

And if it can work in the future in the Microsoft Azure environment, that too would be an easy sell for my employer.