Release for v7.7 is about to begin (2/2)

John Clements

Apr 1, 2020, 7:33:18 PM4/1/20
to Racket Developers
The release process for v7.7 will begin in about a week. If you
have any new features that you want in and are relatively close to
to being done, now is a good time to do that.

Upcoming dates:
- 7th: Branch day, merge window starts
- 15th: Merge window ends, testing starts
- 22nd: Testing ends

ps: I’m sending this message twice: once to d...@racket-lang.org, once to racke...@googlegroups.com. If you get one but not the other, please please let me know. If you get both of them, ignore the OTHER one. not this one.

John

Alex Harsanyi

Apr 4, 2020, 2:03:40 AM4/4/20
to Racket Developers

I reported the issue below when Racket 7.6 came out: demand callbacks for menus are not invoked in Racket 7.6 (but they are in 7.5 or earlier).  I just tested the example code with the latest snapshot (7.6.0.18) and the problem is still there.  This happens on a Windows machine in both CS and BC versions of Racket.

I was wondering if someone could have a look at it before the 7.7 release?

Thanks,
Alex.