rabbitmq how to set peer certificate verification for some specific mqtts ports only?

Akila Wickey

Apr 25, 2020, 10:58:11 AM4/25/20
to rabbitmq-users

Here I have put fail_if_no_peer_cert as true to enable the client certificate verification. I have 2 MQTTS ports which are 1884 and 2500. I just want to enable this peer verification only to the port 1884. Port 2500 I want to use as one way SSL with fail_if_no_peer_cert as false.

Is there a way to do this in rabbitmq.config?

following is my rabbitmq.config file

[

{
    rabbit
, [

{ loopback_users, [ ] },

{ tcp_listeners, [ 5672 ] },

{ ssl_listeners, [  ] },

{ ssl_options, [{cacertfile,"/home/akila/test/tls-gen/basic/result/ca_certificate.pem"},

{certfile,"/home/akila/test/tls-gen/basic/result/server_certificate.pem"},

{keyfile,"/home/akila/test/tls-gen/basic/result/server_key.pem"},

{versions, ['tlsv1.2', 'tlsv1.1']},

{verify,verify_peer},

{fail_if_no_peer_cert,true}]},

{ hipe_compile, false },

{ auth_backends, [rabbit_auth_backend_internal,rabbit_auth_backend_http]}

]

},

{rabbitmq_management, [

{ listener, [

{ port, 15672 },

{ ssl, false }

] } ]

},

{rabbitmq_mqtt, [

{ssl_listeners,    [1884,2500]},

{tcp_listeners,    [1883]}

]}

].

Luke Bakken

Apr 27, 2020, 10:09:45 AM4/27/20
to rabbitmq-users
Hello,

At this time all TLS ports for MQTT use the same settings. I will make a note that at least one person has requested different behavior.

Thanks,
Luke

Akila Wickey

Apr 28, 2020, 12:21:37 AM4/28/20
to rabbitmq-users
Thank you very much Luke. I actually wanted to know this feature is currently available or not.