ANN RabbitMQ Java Client 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1 is released

Arnaud Cogoluegnes

Oct 27, 2016, 4:30:28 AM10/27/16
to rabbitm...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the RabbitMQ team I'm happy to announce that the RabbitMQ Java Client library 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1, a preview release, is available for community testing. This preview release is likely to be the last before a GA release in the next couple of weeks.

Here's a list of the main changes:
  - The release cycle is now decoupled from the server's.
  - Integration of the SLF4J logging library.
  - Support for runtime metrics through Dropwizard Metrics, with several
metrics backends (JMX, Ganglia, Graphite, etc).
  - Experimental support for Java NIO.

Please see the "next" version of the RabbitMQ website for the documentation [1].

Dependency (Maven artifact)

Maven:

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.rabbitmq</groupId>
    <artifactId>amqp-client</artifactId>
    <version>4.0.0.RC1</version>
</dependency>

Gradle:

compile 'com.rabbitmq:amqp-client:4.0.0.RC1'

This new version is available on our Bintray Milestones Maven Repository [2]. You need to add this repository explicitly to your dependency manager configuration file.

Maven:

<repositories>
  <repository>
    <snapshots>
      <enabled>false</enabled>
    </snapshots>
    <id>bintray-rabbitmq-maven-milestones</id>
    <name>bintray</name>
  </repository>
</repositories>

Gradle: