R-SPEC Movie Night on Saturday, December 20: "The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies"

Alan

Dec 10, 2014, 7:10:08 AM12/10/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

Happy holidays to all R-SPECers wherever you may be! (Unfortunately, for the last R-SPEC Movie of the year, I will be away from the area on holiday. And I SO wanted to see this movie upon its release.)

The 12-20 weekend's R-SPEC movie is The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. Okay, folks, this is it! The epic conclusion of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" trilogy, as adapted and visualized by Peter Jackson and company. In my opinion, this movie is a must-see. So, get that extra large bag of popcorn and get ready for the greatest battle for Middle Earth with the Dragon Smaug, Gandalf, Sauron, and legions of orcs, dwarves, elves, and men. Oh, of course, there's Bilbo, too, fighting for his life and the lives of his companions. We know how things turn out, or, as Peter Jackson has done before, do we? (It's currently rated 80% on the Tomatometer.)

Note: The movie opens on December 17. I recommend getting tickets ahead of time in case there's a sellout of the 1:45 p.m. showing.

What: The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies (PG-13; 2 hour, 24 minutes)
When: Saturday, December 20 @ 1:45 p.m. (The next showing makes it very late for a dinner/gathering afterwards.)
Where: Cinemark Tinseltown2291 Buffalo Road, Rochester, NY 14624
Cost: $7.50 per person (digital movie version, not the real D 3D version or IMAX 3D; if R-SPECers want to meet and see the other versions, please email or respond to this posting)
Dinner: We'll decide as a group if and where dinner is after the movie.

Movie Trailer

Time & Tix Info

See the upcoming R-SPEC Movie Nights on our Join us at the movies! page.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Vincent Michaels
R-SPEC Program Officer

Kurt Schweitzer

Dec 10, 2014, 9:24:51 AM12/10/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder (mostly to myself): This a week and a half from today. Not this coming Saturday. (It scared me for a moment when I checked after adding it to my calendar and it wasn’t there!)

Kurt