Memorial Art Gallery - Last minute invitation

Pat Rapp

Oct 22, 2014, 12:43:27 PM10/22/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Hey! If anyone is interested, I’m rounding up people to go to the Memorial Art Gallery on Thursday evening!(10/23)

There is a really cool interactive exhibit of The Infinity Boxes that just opened this week. Bonus: Several of the boxes are in a room adjacent to the Little Golden Books exhibit!

The Infinity Boxes will be here until January, but the artist, Matt Elson, is only here this week so it’s a great opportunity to hear him talk about his work and ask him questions.

Thursday night is half price admission night, so it’s only $6 to get in.

I’m planning to get there around 6:30ish if anyone wants to meet up. Call or text if you want: 585-943-1897

Here’s a video with some background info:

http://www.theinfinityboxes.com/

--
Pat Rapp

lait...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014, 12:45:17 PM10/22/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com
What are these infinity boxes???

Sent from Windows Mail

Pat Rapp

Oct 22, 2014, 12:53:04 PM10/22/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com
It's really hard to explain, because you have to experience them, but I'll try....

They are big wooden boxes that require two or more people to participate in order to "activate" the experience. He uses mirrors to alter your perception and to create art that only exists in your brain. They can be experienced on a number of levels -- just plain fun and social, on a neuroscience level, on a philosophical level. They are about how we perceive ourselves and how we perceive others. There are 9 boxes at the MAG, and each one is different; also, your experience is different within each box, depending on which opening you look into.
--
Pat Rapp

lait...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014, 12:55:31 PM10/22/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com
Hm…OK, I guess I’ll join in with ya 😊.

Laitie Montai

Oct 23, 2014, 6:46:11 PM10/23/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Soooo r u here?

Pat Rapp

Oct 23, 2014, 6:47:07 PM10/23/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Yes. I'm just inside the gallery.  The long line is a student event, so don't wait there.

Laitie Montai

Oct 23, 2014, 6:50:31 PM10/23/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

Idk what u look like I'm afraid. My brain is fried. I have a pink sweater and longgg Brown hair

Pat Rapp

Oct 23, 2014, 6:51:17 PM10/23/14
to r-s...@googlegroups.com

I'm wearing a long leather jacket.