Quantification of bald/necrotic areas

Vasudeva Bhat

Mar 1, 2019, 12:12:54 PM3/1/19
to QuPath users
Hi, I am new to QuPath and I was wondering if there was a way to quantify bald areas in H&E stained sections. I have attached images for your reference. I have many images to process and manual quantification is very tedious. Could someone help me with this?

Appreciate your suggestions!
M7-con1R (1, 5780, 3851, 3487, 3161).jpg

micros...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2019, 12:29:42 PM3/1/19
to QuPath users
Try selecting the area, SLIC superpixel segmentation, then Add intensity measurements (hematoxylin channel is probably the most useful). I also made use of the Haralick texture features at the bottom of the Add Intensity Measurements dialog to determine regions where either eosin or hematoxylin staining was very constant.

Vasudeva Bhat

Mar 2, 2019, 11:58:58 AM3/2/19
to QuPath users
Thank you very much. That was very helpful.