Future of Querydsl

timowest

May 26, 2014, 12:10:20 PM5/26/14
to quer...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

As some of you might already have noticed, I quit my job at Mysema and moved to MyNextRun. In combination with that I also bought the rights to Querydsl.

I still will be actively maintaining Querydsl, but I'd like to step back a little and focus on bug fixes and documentation. Querydsl has reached a level of maturity where many modules can be considered feature complete.

Contributing to Querydsl has never been easier with the pull request builds via Travis CI, so I hope that Querydsl will also work with this new model.

Regards,
Timo

Gili T.

May 26, 2014, 12:18:09 PM5/26/14
to quer...@googlegroups.com
Good luck in your new job! Now get them to use QueryDSL so you can continue working on it in the coming years :)

Gili

timowest

May 26, 2014, 2:14:32 PM5/26/14
to quer...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Thanks! Yes, Querydsl will probably make it into their stack. ;)

Br,
Timo

Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez

May 27, 2014, 8:01:58 AM5/27/14
to quer...@googlegroups.com
Good luck, Timo, and congratulations for your work in Querydsl!
You've done a great job.
I know that maintaining basically alone a complex framework like Querydsl over a large period of time may be an overwhelming work.
I wish you all the best, and hope the project will keep evolving healthy!
Best regards, Luis.

timowest

May 27, 2014, 11:17:11 AM5/27/14
to quer...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luis.

Thanks for your kind words. As Querydsl is now not anymore a company driven product, it should be easier to get also external contributors more active.

Timo

timowest

May 29, 2014, 2:35:35 PM5/29/14
to quer...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

To avoid misunderstanding, this post was not meant to announce general feature completeness as some have interpreted this post beside my job related announcement.

I see the JPA and MongoDB modules nearly feature complete. For SQL there is obviously more to do.

Br,
Timo