Regarding installation of quepy on Windows or Linux or both

Shivkumar Karale

Aug 23, 2013, 4:10:17 AM8/23/13
to qu...@googlegroups.com
I am new to this quepy python framework. Also I joined this this user group recently.
I am developing a question answer system for academic institute. For this I want to install and use quepy on my system.
Which OS will be more suitable for using quepy, windows xp or linux and how to install quepy on these systems?
I have tried to install it earlier but without any success.
I need basic and detailed step-by-step instructions for installation of quepy on my system.
Anyone please help me out. Sooner the better.
Thanks !

Rafael Carrascosa

Aug 23, 2013, 11:43:17 AM8/23/13
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivkumar,
The OS in which you'll have less trobule is Ubuntu 12.04, because that's the OS we had during development. Other Ubuntu versions should be ok, other linux distributions should give you little trouble and finally Windows is going to be a pain in the arse.
Everithing is possible, but if you don't have time to spare go for Ubuntu 12.04.
About the basic installation instructions[0] go to a console and try:

sudo pip install quepy
quepy nltkdata /some/path/you/find/convenient

If you have trouble on these steps let us know and we'll help you with the trouble shooting.
Best regards,

Rafael

Message has been deleted