HCL for R3.2 at HP 15-ba006ur (generic laptop with AMD APU E2-7110 and closed source BIOS)

qmast...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2017, 9:59:43 AM2/25/17
to qubes-users
My friend gave me this low cost HP AMD laptop to test with Qubes, which should be quite similar by hardware to other low cost HP laptops out there... First of all I installed the latest BIOS update "F22" which came out yesterday. Unfortunately the HCL for this laptop says "I/O MMU: Not active" despite that virtualization in BIOS is enabled. Guess that is what you get with closed source BIOS... :P It is much better to get a Lenovo G505S laptop - not only it has APU A10-5750M which is 1.5x faster than E2-7110, G505S also has open source coreboot BIOS will all the features enabled ( https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/TS1zfKZ7q8w/JQFkVF4xBgAJ )

qmast...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2017, 10:08:54 AM2/25/17
to qubes-users
суббота, 25 февраля 2017 г., 9:59:43 UTC-5 пользователь qmast...@gmail.com написал:
> My friend gave me this low cost HP AMD laptop to test with Qubes, which should be quite similar by hardware to other low cost HP laptops out there... First of all I installed the latest BIOS update "F22" which came out yesterday. Unfortunately the HCL for this laptop says "I/O MMU: Not active" despite that virtualization in BIOS is enabled. Guess that is what you get with closed source BIOS... :P It is much better to get a Lenovo G505S laptop - not only it has APU A10-5750M which is 1.5x faster than E2-7110, G505S also has open source coreboot BIOS will all the features enabled ( https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/TS1zfKZ7q8w/JQFkVF4xBgAJ )

This message's attachments have a HCL report for HP 15-ba006ur laptop, with all the FIXME's replaced with correct information ( less work for maintainters ;-)
HP_15-ba006ur_qmastery16.yml