HCL - Hewlett-Packard HP_EliteBook_8460p

Ray Rizzuto Jr

Mar 23, 2015, 11:35:01 AM3/23/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
So far I have seen no issues with everything I have tried.  I do find that video playback seems less smooth than the same video played on the same machine booted to Windows 7 Pro.  I have dual boot set up, and it works well for such comparisons.

Qubes-HCL-Hewlett-Packard-HP_EliteBook_8460p-20150323-032508.txt
Qubes-HCL-Hewlett-Packard-HP_EliteBook_8460p-20150323-032508.cpio.gz

Gaiko

May 20, 2016, 11:08:53 PM5/20/16
to qubes-users, r.j.r...@ieee.org
On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 11:35:01 AM UTC+2, Ray Rizzuto Jr wrote:
> So far I have seen no issues with everything I have tried.  I do find that video playback seems less smooth than the same video played on the same machine booted to Windows 7 Pro.  I have dual boot set up, and it works well for such comparisons.

Hi, I recently got a 8460p i5-2520M and tried putting Qubes 3.1 on but it doesn't seem to be cooperating. Have you by chance tried 3.1? Could you let me know what BIOS settings you used to install qubes? I have vt turned on but seem to be having trouble with UEFI, I though 3.1 supported it (have tried the work around https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/ with no luck) so I have tried w/o UEFI enabled but then I can't seem to boot from a usb flash (making me feel esp noobish as I haven't really run into this).

Any thoughts or epiphanies would be appreciated.