HCL - Lenova T440P

7v5w7go9ub0o

Apr 13, 2014, 1:51:53 PM4/13/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Kernel: 3.11.1-2.pvops.qubes.x86_64

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
Chipset: 00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Haswell
DRAM Controller [8086:0c04] (rev 06)
VGA: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel
Corporation Haswell Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0416] (rev 06)

BIOS: GLET67WW (2.21 )
VT-x: Active
VT-d: Active

Misc. notes:

Heavy and expensive. Some of the mass is shock proofing, and it is
reportedly easy(er) to disassemble.

New WIFI (802.11 ac) doesn't work with fedora 18 (but does work with
fedora 20 live disc). Multi-processor CPU seems quite fast - Qubes is
effortless for it.

(FWIW Joanna: IMHO the keyboard is quite nice (though I've had it
for only a few days). I tend to rest my wrists upon the table when using my
desktop, and with this I have to hold my wrists up and in a "proper"
position (i.e. 2-4 cm above the laptop). When depressed, each key
provides a slight resistance, followed by a gentle, perceptible "click",
followed then by perhaps .10 cm follow through. The higher wrist
position is not an issue; It'll become second nature shortly).

JT Croteau

Jul 18, 2014, 6:43:59 PM7/18/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Sir, what about TPM.. do you have a way to test this for me?  Many thanks for your HCL compatibility report.  I will add this laptop to my consideration list, especially if you can verify TPM works.

7v5w7go9ub0o

Jul 19, 2014, 9:19:48 AM7/19/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I don't know how to test TPM (I imagine it has "versions", and in some
cases doesn't work!?). But if you or someone else can point me to a test
I'll be happy to run it.