HCL - Lenovo ThinkPad X260

t-...@posteo.de

Jun 16, 2016, 5:11:44 PM6/16/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I am using Qubes 3.1 on a Thinkpad X260 and it works beautifully
(including the experimental sys-usb VM). More details:

- TPM does not work (the module fails to load). I also had to disable it
in the BIOS because otherwise power-off and suspend fail to shut down
the machine. VT-d and VT-x seem to work fine (they had to be enabled in
the BIOS first).

- The 4.4.10-9 kernel from unstable is needed for the wifi module and
for power management. It can be installed by running these commands in
dom0:

sudo qubes-dom0-update --enable-repo=qubes-dom0-unstable kernel
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enable-repo=qubes-dom0-unstable kernel-qubes-vm

- Shutting down takes a very long time because the iwlwifi module in
sys-net produces kernel errors (possibly this issue:
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1978 ). This can be
solved by manually removing the iwlwifi module before shutdown. Just run
this small script in dom0:

#!/bin/bash
qvm-shutdown --wait --all --exclude=sys-net
qvm-run sys-net "sudo ifconfig wlp0s1 down; sudo modprobe -r iwlmvm;
sudo modprobe -r iwlwifi"
qvm-shutdown --wait sys-net
sudo shutdown now

- The scroll function of the middle trackpoint button needed to be
activated by creating the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/11-trackpoint.conf
with these contents:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "trackpoint catchall"
MatchIsPointer "true"
MatchProduct "TrackPoint|DualPoint Stick"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
Option "EmulateWheel" "true"
Option "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7"
Option "YAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

- There are a few very minor graphics glitches where shadows are
involved.

- The wifi and microphone kill switches (key combinations Fn-F8 and
Fn-F4) do not work out of the box, but I have not really tried to fix
this. I also have not tested the internal camera and the fingerprint
reader. Everything else I can think of just works fine (video, sound,
sound recording, LAN, Wifi, USB devices, sleep mode, trackpoint,
function keys for sound and brightness, battery state).
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20F6CTO1WW-20160616-225556.yml