HCL - Dell Latitude E6430

Zrubecz Laszlo

Jun 19, 2013, 6:01:36 PM6/19/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Qubes release 2 (R2)
Model Name: Dell_Inc. Latitude_E6430

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz
Chipset: 00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core
processor DRAM Controller [8086:0154] (rev 09)
VGA: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel
Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0166]
(rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA
Corporation Device [10de:0dfc] (rev a1)

BIOS: A11
VT-x: Active
VT-d: Active

Just installed R2B2 to my new machine....

Ewerithing seems to be working, even the susped/resume with the
default kernel/xen :)

I will report more as I'm gonna use this laptop from now...

--
Zrubi

Philip Torrance

Jan 4, 2014, 12:34:08 AM1/4/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, ma...@zrubi.hu
On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:01:36 PM UTC-7, Zrubecz Laszlo wrote:
Qubes release 2 (R2)
Model Name:    Dell_Inc. Latitude_E6430 .
Ewerithing seems to be working, even the susped/resume with the
default kernel/xen :)
Zrubi

the HCL links to this with an entry that says some tweaking was needed,
but no specifics are mentioned here;
where is the report of tweaks needed?

Hakisho Nukama

Jan 4, 2014, 6:39:22 AM1/4/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
> --

It is only reported to work on kernel version 3.7.4:
https://www.qubes-os.org/trac/wiki/HCL?action=diff&version=119

Zrubi, can you post an update, if the latest kernel works?

Zrubecz Laszlo

Jan 6, 2014, 2:25:35 AM1/6/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 4 January 2014 12:39, Hakisho Nukama <nuk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Zrubi, can you post an update, if the latest kernel works?

No the latest in not even boot because of the nVidia Optimus.
but the 3.7 is still fine.

And yes the HCL is messed up now. :(

--
Zrubi