HCL - Dell Lattitude E5570

Qubes Lovitt

Feb 19, 2017, 8:49:49 PM2/19/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Everything working great so far

-Windows7 HVM template & appvms fine.
-sys-usb fine and able to pass through individual USB devices
-PCI passthrough working (sound, usb, SD card reader) -- will try external thunderbolt 3 GPU enclosure next month and report GPU passthrough results once/if working
-Contacted smartcard working with PGP/Enigmail. Next will try contactless NFC along with -fingerprint scanner and will report any results of where I got that working
-TPM available but booting in UEFI mode so have not tried AEM yet

I believe this notebook should be Qubes 4.0-ready based on what I have seen.

Cheers.  Attached HCL tool YML output.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Qubes-HCL-Dell_Inc_-Latitude_E5570-20170219-193208.yml

Haw...@bitmessage.ch

Jun 2, 2017, 11:46:51 PM6/2/17
to 'Qubes Lovitt' via qubes-users, Qubes Lovitt
If you have the touchscreen version of the Dell Lattitude E5570, were
you able to pass the touchscreen back to dom0?

The touchscreen on the lattitude E5570 works great without a usb-vm.

Though other usb devices can be passed via usb-vm just fine, I'm getting
an error with the touchscreen:

"ValueError: Dom0 do not have libvirt object"

As best I can tell, all of the usb devices are on one controller for
this model Dell.

I'm not sure if anyone at all has had luck with touchscreens passed via
usb-vm, or whether the effort has been wholly unsuccessful so far:

Message has been deleted

Eric Duncan

Jun 3, 2017, 10:54:47 AM6/3/17
to qubes-users, free...@protonmail.com, Haw...@bitmessage.ch
My Lenovo Thinkpad Helix has the same issue with the touchscreen.

Doesn't matter the number of input devices. The TouchPoint, Trackpad and an logitech unified mouse adapter works perfect fine with 0 configuration.

The Helix has a wacom digitizer, as well as mouse input - so it's really two additional inputs. There are drivers I previously installed per Arch packages when I had arch on it:

xf86-input-wacom

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Lenovo_ThinkPad_Helix

Do we have to build them for dom0 or usb-vm?

Thanks!
-E