HCL - ASUS KGPE-D16

Timothy Pearson

Mar 28, 2016, 4:47:39 PM3/28/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Qubes-HCL-ASUS-KGPE-D16-20160327-215923.yml
Qubes-HCL-ASUS-KGPE-D16-20160327-215923.yml.sig

Thierry Laurion

Mar 21, 2017, 11:43:05 PM3/21/17
to qubes-users
Any recommendations for tpm?

thoma...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2020, 3:35:18 AM2/24/20
to qubes-users

nsob...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2020, 3:48:28 AM2/24/20
to qubes-users
What hard drive do you use?
I do not recommend this motherboard to anyone,
Slow as hell, memory works bad (i use 64gb ram crucial 16x4, works only two modules)
Coreboot support is over.
No UEFI.
And you need ASUS PIKE 2008 ( or any other controller) and one 6100 cpu for stock bios upgrade.

Franklin Wallbrown

Oct 19, 2021, 8:38:42 PM10/19/21
to qubes-users
I was thinking about utilizing this beast as a Desktop, but using LibreBoot instead of CoreBoot.  Is that a crazy idea?  It is exciting that you got the NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 to work on this bad boy.  Kudos on that... is there any reason you couldn't use a second one?  I would be curious to know the other graphics cards you tried, if any (other than the original GeForce 7300 LE).  I would wonder if something of the same chipset would work (like a 720 or 730 etc)?  I know that the CoreBoot support is over, but I think this board could still have life with the LibreBoot community...