HCL Elitebook 2540p / Complete inability to use any Qubes 3.2 4.x series kernel

Vincent Adultman

Jun 18, 2017, 8:04:53 AM6/18/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi all
Having upgraded to 3.2 it's basically as I assumed, no 4.x series kernel will boot on my laptop, the graphics on the Qubes boot screen are completely corrupted and some of the kernels reboot a second or so after the Qubes boot screen appears.

The only kernel that still functions is the leftover 3.8.17-8 from 3.1. Which is working fine for now, are there any downsides to continuing to use this?

I suppose I need to mark it as protected so I can try new kernels as they are released, but ensure it is not removed...

Qubes-HCL-Hewlett_Packard-HP_EliteBook_2540p-20170618-130131.yml

Vincent Adultman

Jun 20, 2017, 10:58:11 AM6/20/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com

The only kernel that still functions is the leftover 3.8.17-8 from 3.1. Which is working fine for now, are there any downsides to continuing to use this?

Going by today's security bulletin[1], which releases a new kernel - it seems that there may well be downsides.

I wonder how best to proceed, I take it no one else is in this situation?